Patrick SIMS (custom shop in TN, USA) experiences - Page 8 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 02:38 PM

Re: Patrick SIMS (custom shop in TN, USA) experiences

I have never had drama or excuses from SCS. And to AYRTON, I'm not sure what qualifications one needs to posess to be a moderator, But three weeks turn around including shipping, I'll put myself in the catagory of no way. Not for a legit guitar finish. I come to Jemsite to hear about gear and see pics of guitars, etc.. just for fun. I'm not sure what all the drama is about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 02:53 PM

Oh, and to toneboy, how many guitars are you having done? This is my only attempt at a custom job. And only because the bonehead that I bought it from off of the 'bay failed to reveal that he spray painted it himself. I did check around locally and on the net for a painter for this one, but since I had a certain idea how I wanted it, I felt like I needed to find the right person. It wasn't until I talked to Patrick Sims that I decided to go with him. He seemed to understand what I wanted and took alot of time to feel me out and I was totally comfortable that he knew how I invisioned it. He even seemed excited to do the job. That's why I chose him to do the work. I will post pics of it when I get the right ones to show off, but I have seen the first unfinished pics and it is almost exactly as I pictured it in my mind. I don't know how to put a price or deadline on that.
post #108 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 04:21 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest4 View Post
Oh, and to toneboy, how many guitars are you having done?
Patrick painted a PGM301 for and refinished another one with fabric. I had Mike Learn paint a guitar for me and he made me a custom guitar from scratch, paint job included.

I'm glad your experiences with Patrick so far have been trouble free but that is not the case for everyone, myself included. No one wants drama but sometimes we aren't the ones that instigate it.

Last edited by toneboy; 07-08-2009 at 04:29 PM.
post #109 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
But three weeks turn around including shipping, I'll put myself in the catagory of no way. Not for a legit guitar finish.
I'll add my .02 here and say that while the quality of Patrick's work is great, there are guitar painters out there who have been doing their thing longer than Patrick has been alive so they have a bit more experience. It's also a matter of how one manages and prioritizes their workload.
post #110 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 08:51 PM

Agreed. Although I have some customer relations expirience, and I know that you always have a small number of people you will never win over. I never judge people by other peoples opinion, only how I have been dealt with.
post #111 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
I have never had drama or excuses from SCS. And to AYRTON, I'm not sure what qualifications one needs to posess to be a moderator, But three weeks turn around including shipping, I'll put myself in the catagory of no way. Not for a legit guitar finish.
Before you put that foot further in your mouth, do a little searching around about Marty and how quick he is. Marty is well known to have a 7-10 day turn around except for the NAMM months were he is doing show guitars.

Don't believe me, give Marty a call and ask him.

The first two bodies I sent to Marty were back in my hands 3 weeks after they left.

I know Patrick, and have used him for paint work. However, Patrick has a scheduling problem and can't seem to correct it.

If you are happy with Sims turn around time, good for you.
post #112 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 10:21 PM

I poked around quite a bit before I sent my guitar out, I didn't come across his name. I'm sure he's great.
post #113 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 07:35 AM

Says on my evil bay that the account I bought the sims body from on **** is no longer a registered user.

Dunno if they've suspended him or actually removed him. I sent an e-mail of 'fraudulant activity' complaining about the situation with him, as he has so many negative feedback comments recently.

Although to be honest, the fact he never sent me anything wasn't what annoyed me to the point that I wrote an e-mail to ****, as I got my money back and everything. What got me in a bad mood to write the e-mail was the comment he wrote in response to my negative feedback. That just made me really, really mad.
post #114 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 07:38 AM

Isn't Chris Woods gonna be mad that his "bad publicity" is now focused on Patrick Sims? LOL
post #115 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 02:56 PM

Well, 3 hours after I complained here, I got an email saying my guitar was finished. With pictures of the work. The guitar was en route the next day.

It plays like a gem now, and looks and sounds terrific.

Personally, I think the solution to the problems would be to have a wait list. When your name comes up, you have, say, 10 days to get your guitar to him. I think what gets people all riled up is that they feel like their guitar is held hostage. There's no need for the guitars to sit there for 12+ months.
post #116 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 09:58 AM

I am still 100% satisfied. I never had any communication problems. For those of you who want quality work I highly recommend him. Just like so many complaints in here, if you are not patient or are anxious for a super fast turn around Patrick may not be the way to go... but if you have the time and patience you will not be disappointed!
post #117 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Coovy View Post
For those of you who want quality work I highly recommend him. Just like so many complaints in here, if you are not patient or are anxious for a super fast turn around Patrick may not be the way to go... but if you have the time and patience you will not be disappointed!
There's patient and then there's being jerked around. A lot folks have patience but it is not infinite. When communication is intermittent/non-existent for periods of time and/or delivery dates and promises are not kept, patience will erode exponentially.

The fact is there are other painters out there who can deliver the same level of quality (in some cases better when it comes to graphics) without any of the B.S.

The fact is why would anyone wait longer to get a guitar painted when someone else can do the same quality of work in less time?
post #118 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 07:55 AM

Come'on, man. You can let a few compliments get through. I can only speak for my own experience and it was a very positive one. I get your opinion. It is well verbalized in here. I am allowed to have an opinion as well. Please, I would like to state my opinion without retaliation. Thank you.
post #119 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Coovy View Post
I am still 100% satisfied. I never had any communication problems. For those of you who want quality work I highly recommend him. Just like so many complaints in here, if you are not patient or are anxious for a super fast turn around Patrick may not be the way to go... but if you have the time and patience you will not be disappointed!
It looks like your location(city) is the same as Sims. I would not have any communication problems either if I lived in the same city. I would drive over to his house or shop and talk to him in person.
post #120 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 08:26 PM

Yeah, someone in the same town could feasibly find him easily. The poor blokes in Australia don't have the same luck.

Tags
patrick sims , scs , sims custom shop , sims customshop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode