Patrick SIMS (custom shop in TN, USA) experiences - Page 9 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 09:01 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Patrick SIMS (custom shop in TN, USA) experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra1 View Post
It looks like your location(city) is the same as Sims. I would not have any communication problems either if I lived in the same city. I would drive over to his house or shop and talk to him in person.
I believe that's referred to as the "hometown advantage".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 07:14 AM

"Attention... all who live in Chatty-town please step back!"
post #123 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 11:51 AM

It's good to read that there are still multiple buyers that love the work and communication of Patrick.

It should be known that it's a gamble when ordering work from Patrick. It will be good, but don't count on kept promises, good communication or delivery times.
post #124 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:06 PM

Patrick done a fantastic job of restoring my 87' SK and although it took over a year, I was quite pleased with the final product.
post #125 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 08:16 PM

Nice to see a little balance here. I have no prejudice either way and want to stay open minded. I just wish people would POST SOME PICS of their finished work. This is my favorite part of coming to JEMSITE, the pictures of guitars, any make or model, I can't get enough! I love the fact that there are as many different guitars as there are players. Please post!!
post #126 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 05:18 AM

Hello all,
I finally recieved my custom JEM body from Pat Sims. It took a while to arrive but I have to say it is the best maple quilt JEM body I have ever seen.It's great.
I have a neck coming from Simscustom to go with this body. He says it should be here in 3 more weeks.I sure hope so.If it's like the body I will be very happy.
Please don't let me down on the neck Pat.What's the point a great body without a neck to match it.I have plenty of AANJ Ibanez necks that could go with it but I'm waiting for your neck.I want to show that "sims" logo off at my gigs. I want a custom sims guitar mate.

I will let you guys all know how I get on with the neck.Please Pat send it over soon.I can't wait.

Dr Paul M--from Australia
post #127 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingzing View Post
Hello all,
I finally recieved my custom JEM body from Pat Sims. It took a while to arrive but I have to say it is the best maple quilt JEM body I have ever seen.It's great.
Pics or it didn't happen
post #128 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 04:40 AM

I'm to lazy to put up pics, but trust me,it was the best.Not a word of a lie.Dr Paul M
post #129 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 01:02 PM

Oh please. If it was as nice as you say you'd wanna show it off all over the forum just like I do with my custom guitars, and like everyone else does =].
post #130 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 01:23 PM

I ALSO HAVE PROBLEMS GETTING MY GUITAR BACK...PATRICK SIMS PROMISED ME THE GUITAR BACK IN APRIL...ITS JULY NOW...NO GUITAR...HE SAID HE WAS BEHIND TWO WEEKS...LIAR! ITS BEEN OVER 6 MONTHS NOW AND NO GUITAR...ONLY LAME EXCUSES...I AM TRYING TO BEGIN A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT TO FORCE PATRICK SIMS TO REGULATE HIS WEBSITE, MAINTAIN 1 **** ACCOUNT, AND ALLOW NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON HIS WEBSITE...AND TO MAINTAIN ONLY ONE WEBSITE...PATRICK OFFERES A SERVICE THAT STATED 10 WEEKS...LIAR...MORE LIKE TEN MONTHS TO COUPLE YEARS IN SOME REPORTS...

PATRICK SIMS HAS CHANGED HIS **** ACCOUNTS TWICE NOW BECAUSE OF NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

ACCORDING TO TESTIMONIALS, PATRICK SIMS WILL NOT RESPOND TO YOUR E-MAILS, AND WHEN HE DOES, HE MAKES IT SEEM LIKE ITS YOUR FAULT FOR INQUIRING...THEN HE GIVES EXCUSES ON WHY THE GUITAR ISN'T FINISHED...EVEN IN HIS OWN WORDS HE STATES THAT YOU MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT GET YOUR GUITAR BACK...AND THEN ASKS IF YOUR ON A WORLD YOUR OR SOMETHING...WHAT AN ASS!!!

FROM THAT I UNDERSTAND HIS WORK ISN'T EVEN QUALITY AS INDICATED ON HIS WEB SITE...YEAH, THEY LOOK GOOD ON THE SITE, BUT OTHERS HAVE COMPLAINED THAT THE WORKMANSHIP IS SECOND RATE...OR WORSE...AND THEN PATRICK WILL MAKE FIXES FOR MORE MONEY, AND ANOTHER YEAR OR TWO WAIT...

THIS DUDE IS REDUCULOUS, A LIAR, A FRAUD, A SCAMMER, AND AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED A GENUINE MONEY GRUBBER...AT OUR EXPENSE.

CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFORMATION OR E-MAIL ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN IN THE LAW SUIT.
post #131 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 01:31 PM

Re: Patrick SIMS experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by psywaltz View Post
then tell me, why he is not answering for nearly 3 (three!!!) month!!!! why?

BECAUSE HE ONLY WANTS YOUR MONEY AND HE REALIZES THAT THERE ARE SUCKERS BORN EVERYDAY...HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT RETURN CUSTOMERS, BECAUSE MOST ONLY REFINISH A GUITAR ONCE...HE'S A CLASS ACT...RUN AWAY AND DON'T TURN BACK LESS YOUR WAIT TIME WILL BE IN STONE...UNCHANGING AND NEVER ENDING.
post #132 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 04:49 PM

All caps is very annoying.
post #133 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
All caps is very annoying.
Exactly, please stop.
post #134 of 597 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 03:55 PM

So my GMC body arrived and i couldn't be happier,the paintjob is sweet IMO,(I know some people on here don't like swirls but i think this one looks very cool).
let me know what you think

post #135 of 597 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 04:06 PM

Yeah, that looks very good. I'm glad you're happy. If I wanted a GMC I'd be happy with that thing too. In fact, I like this better than most original GMCs I've seen.

What kind of fretboard inlay is going to be in the neck that's going to go on there?

Tags
patrick sims , scs , sims custom shop , sims customshop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode