Question about ebay auction Question - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Question about ebay auction Question

Hi everyone. I have some auctions on ebay right now, and I got a question from someone that I don't understand. Here is the question, word for word.

Quote:
hi you would sell to me endured? I in this way offer to 200$ savings also expenses to you Kindest Regards MIKY
Even if I ignore the horrible english, what is selling endured? I am hoping that someone here might have some insight to what that means.

This makes me a little mad, because I think that this guy is currently the high bidder on that auction and he is from Italy. I state in the auction that I will only ship to the US. I really hate it when people do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 11:03 AM

I think he realises that you only ship within your country, but he will basically offer you more if you go through with it.

Thats how I interpretated that.

anyway "Endured" - To carry on through, despite hardships; undergo: endure an Arctic winter.
To bear with tolerance: We seek the truth, and will endure the consequences

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 11:03 AM
dex

He probably means insured and he's saying that the shipping will probably be around $200 on top so he'll pay you that extra.
If you don't want him to win the auction or can't be bothered to ship abroad, go ahead and cancel his bid.

ilia
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 11:04 AM

yes that makes a little more sense.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Vendor

There's only one way to know what he means, ask HIM
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I replied asking him what he meant, so I'll see what he says.

I just hate trying to deal with shipping out of the US. I used to, but I had a lady win an auction for a glass bowl and she wanted it shipped to Europe. I was going to charge actual shipping, so I went to ups.com, fedex.com, and usps.com to get some quotes. Well, she won the bowl for something like $5.00, but when I told her that it would cost about $80.00 to ship it, she blew a gasket. We exchanged several nasty e-mails, and that's when I decided not to ship outside the US anymore. I still will from time to time, but for the most part, I don't want to deal with the hassles of trying to convince someone that it is not cheap to ship overseas.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 03:41 PM

A rather more helpfull and i guess Soberly type response :-)

Good luck with the auction dude

Rob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode