(Rant) about Patrick Sims of sims custom shop - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By bringer of torture

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down (Rant) about Patrick Sims of sims custom shop

What I have to say in the following statement is based on fact! This will be long but I feel is an important to know! I want to see a show of hands of how many people have had a problem with Patrick sims. Nothing to do with his paintwork but he HIMSELF ! I do not spend much time on these forums, but I distinctly remember some discussions about patrick sims ( guitar painter out of tennesee )inability to follow through.BAD communication. etc,...... He seems to forget who is the Customer is? !! Instead of basing this on my opinion I will state the facts. #1 His **** record speaks for itself . He has 14 negatives !!! I personally have never seen a record that bad. Hasn't everybody notice that one of the problems with him is just getting in contact with him, but he always seems to find a way to take care of his own stuff. What he does not know is I am not the kind of person you can fool. I was monitoring him from a distance. Watching him in these forums, building his own guitars, checking his website, letting him B.S people , so I could figure him out ! A little reverse psychology. In the past I have noticed he will come out of nowhere an jump into the forum when people are having problems with him. I have figured out his pattern, believe me! I had to passify and push him just to get ONE body done, I was even nice enough to wait through his surgery last year when this occured . I was nice about it ( seems to nice !) I told him how life is more important. My guitar body could wait. But something else was bothering me all along. He talks to fast, overloads himself. Braggs to much instead of shutting up and being honest with people and following through. Alot of time passed and no body !!!!!!! to much talk !!!!! toooo many excuses!!!!!!!! By the way this is like 9 months ago or somewhere in that range. It is unfortunate that he has a talent but is failing in the other areas. He has a serious attitude problem! The paint job was preety good about a 9 out of 10. At the same time I was trying out another painter who ended up doing a better job in a fraction of the time! I am staring a guitar company up here in seattle and was simply looking for someone who can give me time frames, stick with it, or at least be honest about it and of course quality. NOT someone who I have to baby sit ! He pent the majority of his time when communicating with me to sell him my maple stock for his guitars, when he should of taken care of business first !!!!! I have had NO need to even contact patrick in about a year, LOW and behold I am running an auction on **** and I get a note out of nowhere trash talking my auction !!! From none other than MR. Patrick sims. See folks this is where he is spending his time instead of working in an organized manner on paint jobs to get them out ! I tried to contact him this morning to let him know he is being watched because I reported him to **** security yesterday. To NO surprise this guy chooses not to change. NO answer and his box is FULL. BIG surprise ! He has no business contacting me whatsoever ! I am a quik study when it comes to people and things in general. STAY AWAY THIS GUY He IS A TROUBLED GUY. You would think life would have humbled him with the brain surgery he said he had a year ago. Instead he chooses a different path. My message to you patrick is Karma is a bitch and life will take care of you quickly. If anybody needs top notch paintwork done I can refer you to one of the best guitar painter in the country bar none !! The owner and moderators of this site should respect the customer base here at this site and remove his banner ! They are doing a diservice to themselves to be associated with childlike behavior from an adult. Sincerley, Scott Fletcher Jet City Guitars

Last edited by Jet city; 04-28-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Re: The Truth about Patrick Sims of sims custom shop

For the record :
simscustomshop ( 149 [Feedback score is 100 to 499] )
Member since Jun-28-04 in United States
Lifetime Summary: Positives:163 Negatives:14|Positive Feedback:92.1%
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Re: The Truth about Patrick Sims of sims custom shop

Watch, Patrick will come flying out of nowhere telling everybody that they are the problem and not him!!!!!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 02:07 PM

Re: (Rant) about Patrick Sims of sims custom shop

I am a little confused by the long post. Does he owe you a paint job or are you just mad at him for having a low score on the bay? This happened 9 months ago? Are you using this post to advertise you guitar business?
Perhaps if you used paragraphs or bullet points it would be more clear to me.
Cheers.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Moebius, Let me assure you this just happened yesterday ! Making a comment about me just trying to adverstise my own business is unwarrented. I Don't do paint! That is the way I sign my letters. It is my business. By the way for some reason there is no ident function working right now. I don't know why? But that is irrelevant . No he does not owe me a paint job. Why the speculation? My post is very clear. Nothing to read into. It's called, calling someone out when they need to be called out! The real deal is I have not called him to sell him any more maple because I have other customers who pay what I need for the material. What was amazing is he contacted me through my auction and was totatlly negative. He is in a panic He is not selling any guitars!!!! I am a former customer that did a trade, wood for a finish job and it was a nightmere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

The indent functoin is not working for me on my end in the advanced box!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 02:27 PM

Sounds a bit like slander to me, I've never dealt with Sims myself but he has a good rep around here. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him on a paint job based on the things I've heard.
bluedot likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
If anybody needs top notch paintwork done I can refer you to one of the best guitar painter in the country bar none !!

Sorry you had a bad time with SIMS. The above quote is what confused me regarding your business. I am not sure your thread is appropriate. This seems to be a personal issue regarding you and him and the bay. I am no master of forum rules, but I would be cautious with your thread as it may come off as an attack on a forum member which is not allowed. Maybe you can post that you are not satisfied as a customer in the official SIMS vendor thread.
Cheers,
-Andrew
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The indent functoin is not working for me on my end in the advanced box!
You could try the enter key.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 03:03 PM

My response was meaningless... Didn't help or enlighten anyone.

Sorry.

Last edited by thelegacy; 04-28-2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Not my place......
Closed Thread

Tags
guitar body , patrick sims

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode