RG-765 auction - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2015, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

RG-765 auction

thoughts on the price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ibanez-RG-76...item463c7e83ee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2015, 06:13 PM

Re: RG-765 auction

There was another thread on here a while back where people were commenting on how high it was and that the price was unrealistic. I didn't pay anywhere near that much for mine so I can't say I disagree. The other evidence that it is high as how long it has been sitting. That being said I can't say i blame for shooting high though because if the right buyer comes along who has their heart set on a 765 they may be willing to pay a premium (because it's not like they're going to be able to find another one easily). I guess it depends on how long he wants to sit on it at that price.

I think a more realistic price is somewhere between 800-1200. The 565s are getting harder to come by and seem to be pretty desirable and selling in the 650-900 range depending on condition and color. In my opinion this has to be worth at least as much as a 565, and I would argue more because of the rarity. I know just because something is rare it doesn't always make it valuable, and while the 565 will never be as sought after as some other models like the Jem, it has to be at least worth what a comparable model would sell for (i.e. rg565). i think if he priced it somewhere around 1k it would move pretty quickly.

Too bad the logo is scratched off, otherwise looks like it's in decent shape. It's beyond me though why he doesn't finish putting the guitar together before putting it up for auction . Especially at that price, having a the guitar all put together and some nice photos to help it move would go a long way. It's not like it would take a ton of time or effort either... put a pickup in it, put the plates on, string it up, don't have different knobs and stuff in different pictures, and take some nice high res shots from different angles. Just my .02 ")

Last edited by pwsusi; 06-27-2015 at 06:46 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 12:50 AM

The correct model number for this RG 565R. I know I was one of the first ones, a LOOOOONG time ago to hypothesize about possible names for this, one of which being a 765, but that was before I got one. In the neck pocket, it says 565R.

The one I got definitely has mojo. Just somethin' about that guitar, it does what my others can't.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 01:05 AM

Reviews: 6

there was a yellow one just like it in atlanta 10+ years ago...i think my buddy got 450 for it when he sold it...it was a cool guitar but didn't generate much interest at the time...my how times have changed i guess...d.m.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode