RGT320QRBB value?? - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

RGT320QRBB value??

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and I have a question for all you Ibanez experts!

On my local Craigslist someone posted an RGT320QRBB Prestige for sale for $2000. I thought the price seemed quite steep for a used guitar (especially since he stated he bought it originally for $2200 new which is only a 9% decrease in price) so I called him and arranged to come over and have a look at his guitar, hoping I could negotiate a better price with him in person.
It played and sounded amazing, but the condition of the guitar could be better: it has about 4 or 5 small to medium size chips on the back edges of the body and is missing the volume knob, also the fretboard has been redone (you can't tell though) because apparently it had cracked and needed to be replaced. from the front it looks perfect, with the exception of the volume knob which I could easily replace.

Although I would have preferred it to be in mint condition, I figured it could work out in my favor since the value would obviously be decreased from the blemishes so I offered him $1400 for it and he said the lowest he would sell it for was $1500 unless no one else bought it for that price in the next few weeks.
I think even $1400 is still too much considering the condition of the guitar, but I've dreamed of owning this guitar for years....
so my question to you guys is: what do you think the resale value of this guitar should be?
Is $1400 too much? too little?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: RGT320QRBB value??

The guitar is worth whatever he's prepared to let it go for.

A 9% decrease seems reasonable to me on a fairly rare guitar, if you want it, cough up the dough, you've been "dreaming" of it for years don't be a low baller.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

I definitely agree that 9% would be a fair reduction in price if it where in new or like new condition, but like I mentioned it's pretty banged up and no longer has the original fretboard. I was just curious if anyone here has bought or sold this guitar and for how much so I can get an idea of what a fair price is. I have no intention of low balling the guy, I just dont want to end up paying more than I should since I'm a student and don't have a lot of money to spend. My apologies for my naivety on the subject, I'm by no means a collector or guitar expert!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 05:46 PM

What did he do to the fretboard?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

He had the entire fretboard replaced professionally it would seem, new rosewood and frets I guess. I wouldn't have been able to tell if he hadn't told me. He said the reason he replaced it was that it had a crack running through it, but I'm not sure exactly how that happened. It cost him $600 to do this which is why he wants so much for it
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 08:46 PM

If it were me I would pass on it and wait for a real MINT one to come around. One, you will get it cheaper. Two, it will be all original. Three, you might be buying a can of worms with this beat up and abused axe.

GAS can be a nasty bug but in the end all good things will come to those who wait for them.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the advice guys!
you're right CosmicDebris, it's tough to let it go but I'll take my chances and wait for that mint one to come along. It will be well worth it I'm sure

Tags
prestige , rgt , rgt320 , rgt320qrbb , rgt320z

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode