Rich Harris Saves the Day!!! Feelgood Story Inside! - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Rich Harris Saves the Day!!! Feelgood Story Inside!

Many of you have probably seen my classified ad for a mint condition LNG over the past few months. I eventually sold the guitar to a European buyer and arranged to have the guitar picked up by UPS and sent using the Worldwide Saver option. The guitar was picked up on 7/12 with a delivery date of 7/16. When the guitar failed to arrive by 7/18 I called UPS to inquire about the delay. I got the news that I dreaded...the package was lost. They put a "tracer" on it but had come up with nothing.

On Monday of this week I receive a message from Rich Harris thanking for the wonderful gift that I just sent him, lol. It turns out that the UPS driver never placed the new shipping label on the box, which already had a 4 year old label on it from a past RBM purchase that I had made from him. I noticed that I hadn't blacked out the old label when the driver came for the pickup and was going to get a sharpie when the driver said not to worry about it, that he would simply place the new label over the old one. He then took the package and left, apparently never placing the new label on the box.

So, instead of heading overseas, the package was shipped to my old CO address, refused by the current owner of my old house, and "returned to sender" (Rich). Luckily Rich knew who I was and got a hold of me. He could have had a free LNG (there was no way to track the package as it had a 4 year old invalid tracking number...how was that even scannable?) but lucky for me and the buyer Rich is simply one of the "good guys".

Thanks again Rich...your integrity is to be admired!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:30 AM

Reviews: 2
Re: Rich Harris Saves the Day!!! Feelgood Story Inside!

Wow, that's a crazy story, as well. Good thing the old shipping label was still on the package. And while I could already tell Rich was a standup guy, this is further confirmation of that.

Imagine being Rich. Mint LNGs don't often show up at your front door for no reason. Rich was probably like "what the hell?".
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:53 AM

Nice words!
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 12:12 PM

What a guy
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

You got really lucky on that one! Funny that it ended up with Rich.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
You got really lucky on that one! Funny that it ended up with Rich.
No doubt!!!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 01:16 PM

That is an insane story, with the single best possible outcome imaginable.

Rich is the man, and you are one blessed individual to have it work out that way and get your guitar back.

Good on ya Rich!

Rob
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 03:09 PM

If Rich was a chick i would totally bang him.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 08:15 PM

I always pull the old UPS tags off!
Lesson learned my friend.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Vendor

Nobody was more surprised than I was.

At first I thought it was a scam because it had a "Receiver did not order. Refused." label on top of the recipient address, so I couldn't see who it was shipped to, but I did not recognize the box as anything I've shipped lately. I had the driver come in and witness me open it just to CMA, and I opened the end and said "See, newspaper, I NEVER pack with newspaper!", but the bubble wrap under it looked like mine, except it was wrapped loose and not taped around the sides "see, I'd never pack like this, but……., dang……, looks like a Chesbro case??". Open it, and damned if there wasn't an LNG in it. Not just an LNG, it’s a NICE LNG!!!

Now I'm really scratching my head. OK, it's not a scam, because somebody actually sent me an LNG, but, it was refused? I don't get it!

Then I was thinking was somebody sending me one on approval? Am I getting so old I can't remember anything anymore?!?! But there was still this "Refused" label on it.

Ran the tracking number, showed it was picked up in PA and sent to CO, then returned to me in NJ. OK, scratch my head a little more.

I Googled JEM777LNG 366 and the 2 threads from Jemsite pop up, Rupe in PA, so now I know this originated from him, so I had a pretty good idea he was an old customer and was just reusing a box I had shipped something to him in. Then figured he either dropped it off at UPS or was a pickup and the new shipping label never got on the box, so it shipped on the old label. I called UPS just to get the info I needed before I wrote him on if I was going to be charged on the shipment again, and yes, I will be but it will be reversed, but while I was on the phone I ran it back to 08' and found the sale to Rupe and had it all figured out.

Trust me, I had a 10 second moral argument with the devil on my left shoulder screaming "nobody will ever know you Dudley Do Right, keep it!!" and the angel on my right screaming back "you'll know, stupid!", and, that was all I needed to hear. I immediately wrote Bill to thank him for the really nice gift, but that I suspected it probably wasn't and that maybe his buyer was going into shock about now, and he could let him know everything was OK, I had it.

For about 5 minutes I had the nicest present anybody’s ever given me though!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 08:41 PM

Awesome, glad it worked out!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 06:53 PM
mpr

Any compensation from UPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I had the driver come in and witness me open it just to CMA,
CMA?
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Vendor

COVER MY A$$!!!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 07:03 PM
mpr

Right. Country Music Association didn't fit.

Tags
ibanez rules , lng , rich harris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode