Sale Dispute: Ibanez Lo Pro Edge Trem + Tuners + RGT3120 parts - Page 4 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 09:17 PM
dex

Re: Sale Dispute: Ibanez Lo Pro Edge Trem + Tuners + RGT3120 parts

This has nothing to do with me but reading through this thread I thought I'd weigh in.

First thing first, real names and handles registered on public forums are seldom the same - that doesn't mean anything.
You think I'm actually called Dex?

Second thing and this is really more important than names - if you live at 75 Verona Close in Uxbridge (like the Post Office slip scanned on page 1 of the thread shows) then you really REALLY need to lighten up as it's clear whatever happened to your parcel is absolutely NOT the fault of the seller.

Third thing - a lot of people only ship stuff on Saturday. I for one can't for the life of me get to a post office between 9 and 5 because I'm at work 8:30 to at least 6 and that's on a slow day so even if you paid me on Monday I won't ship anything until Saturday. Unless you are a business that ships stuff daily chances are you'll ship things on Saturday which to me half explains the 10 days payment/shipping gap.
When you buy stuff from people you've never met and that it's unreasonable to expect them to do everything exactly how you would do it - you don't know them from Adam.

Last thing and this really is the most important thing.
I can not believe the mods are listening to you when ALL facts show that the seller posted a parcel weighting 4.6kg (just over 10lb) to 75 Verona Close, Uxbridge using the Parcel Force 48 service which guarantees delivery in 2 days and it was delivered and signed for.
I can't believe anyone on here (esp considering you can see the scans with the tracking number and everything) thinks the seller is to blame.
Surreal.
*shaking his head in disbelief*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 03:27 AM

That's a good point Dex. I'd not really looked at the screenshots Gino posted.

If Rattit is Mr T Lie what did he sign for that day...

...if only this had something to do with gardening we could call in Rosemary and Thyme to investigate
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 08:15 AM

Hi Ilia, thanks for your concern anyway. Let me tell you some facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post

First thing first, real names and handles registered on public forums are seldom the same - that doesn't mean anything.
You think I'm actually called Dex?
I understood your point. Yes, it doesn't matter sometimes. But when I called Parcelforce to check the parcel status from my side, they asked me to prove sender's information. That's why I need the seller's real information (name and address). However, the seller CONFIRMED with me his name is Gino but Parcelforce told me the sender's name is not Gino but someone else. Thus they stopped answer my questions for security reason. Then I checked with Paypal. I was informed the payment receiver’s name is not Gino but someone else as well. That makes me a bit worry: why the seller cheated me on this? Plus, the seller refused to prove his address and contact No as well. I’ve already paid him money and he got the payment. As the seller, his cooperation is the key of sorting problem out. Parcelforce only deals with the sender, not the receiver. I had to call them by myself after seller told me he wouldn’t call them again.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...2007-09-17.jpg

Please understand I just needed this information to work with Parcelforce.

Quote:
Second thing and this is really more important than names - if you live at 75 Verona Close in Uxbridge (like the Post Office slip scanned on page 1 of the thread shows) then you really REALLY need to lighten up as it's clear whatever happened to your parcel is absolutely NOT the fault of the seller.
If parcel missed, it’s the courier’s fault of course. I never said it’s the seller’s fault and I never blamed him on this! I DID trust him, that why I didn’t open Paypal dispute. Even after three and half months waiting, I didn’t do anything but kept waiting response from the seller. I just need the seller to help me to sort problem out. But the seller’s communication and attitude really let me down. He told me he could prove the post reicept on 30 Oct:
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...007-10-311.jpg

He could do this from 30 Oct to 12 Dec (1000 hours). But he never did it until he saw I made complaint here on 12 Dec (he responded in 3 hours). I also contacted him many times but no response. Finally, I had to make a complaint here on 12 Dec. Please put your feet in my shoes. Please check:
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...2007-11-27.jpg

Quote:
Last thing and this really is the most important thing
I can not believe the mods are listening to you when ALL facts show that the seller posted a parcel weighting 4.6kg (just over 10lb) to 75 Verona Close, Uxbridge using the Parcel Force 48 service which guarantees delivery in 2 days and it was delivered and signed for.
I can't believe anyone on here (esp considering you can see the scans with the tracking number and everything) thinks the seller is to blame.
Surreal.
*shaking his head in disbelief*
If you want to help both of us, please be neutral. Your comment made me believe you are on his side. Parcelforce London West Depot has confirmed they lost the parcel (they left the parcel to someone else. That’s why they did issue the compensation to the seller). So, this point is not what we are discussing. I repeat again: the posting receipt was proved after I made complaint here. Are you clear?

Last thing and this really is the most important thing:
If you ordered & paid item from Argos and they proved the posting receipt, but you didn’t get the item in anyway, will you give up getting your money back??? IMO, posting receipt is proof of nothing. Refund is the final destination! Am I right?

The seller just want to close this post and leave me alone!
post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 09:24 AM
dex

OK, I see your point.
What I'm thinking is Parcel Force probably take their time to pay the insurance so while Gino was just waiting for it you wanted reassurance that something is happening.

What happened is Gino called Parcel Force, logged this case as a lost parcel (as it's clear from the Sept 17 emails you have uploaded in your first link) and then just left it in the hands of Parcel Force.

I can see why you'd be disappointed thinking Gino should keep you up to date with everything that's happening but I can also see how (esp if you know that claiming on insurance is super slow and very infuriating process) Gino thought calling Parcel Force to log this and then just waiting for the insurance cheque is enough. I can also see why he gave you fake details considering this was up to him to sort out and he was already sorting it out.

This is really a miscommunication problem more than anything else.
Both of you thought the other person knows as much as you.

Just keep in mind that when it comes to bureaucracy things take much MUCH longer than you expect and that's the rule here in the UK.

My mate wrote his car off* and it took his insurer 6 weeks, 2 garage visits and numerous phone calls until they paid him.
Nobody cared that while the whole thing was being sorted out he was stranded for 6 weeks without a car.

*write-off - when after an accident or breakdown fixing the car would cost more than the value of the car just before the accident the insurance company elects to scrap the car and pay you off as it'll be cheaper for them
post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
What happened is Gino called Parcel Force, logged this case as a lost parcel (as it's clear from the Sept 17 emails you have uploaded in your first link) and then just left it in the hands of Parcel Force.
I can see why you'd be disappointed thinking Gino should keep you up to date with everything that's happening but I can also see how (esp if you know that claiming on insurance is super slow and very infuriating process) Gino thought calling Parcel Force to log this and then just waiting for the insurance cheque is enough. I can also see why he gave you fake details considering this was up to him to sort out and he was already sorting it out.
Please be neutral, mate. IMHO, I don't think your comment is helpful to sort this out. OK, like you said, you thought he just left it in the hands of Parcel Force. Why didn't you mention what he said in the same email? If you deal with a seller like this, what will you do? Of course you would also try to contact Parcelforce from your side. In this case, you definitely need the correct information from the seller in order to talk to parcelforce. Then like you said 'he gave you fake details considering this was up to him to sort out and he was already sorting it out'. That's the problem. I was shocked after Parcelforce refused my request and told me the sender is not the person I dealt with.

Quote:
Just keep in mind that when it comes to bureaucracy things take much MUCH longer than you expect and that's the rule here in the UK.
I know the rules, mate. That's why I kept waiting for 4 months. That's long enough. What I do not understand is: In the past 4 months, if I had not emailed him asking for update, he would have never got back to me. Why within three hours after I opened the complaint here, he emailed me the posting receipt and told me parcelforce would issue the compensation cheque to him.

Please bear in mind, I always worked very hard to sort this out and never argued with him who is right, who is wrong. What bothers me is his attitude and communication problem. I haven't close this dispute because I haven't got a satisfactory answer. The seller wanted to have this thread closed and leave me alone!
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 01:30 PM
dex

I am trying my best to be neutral but what becomes apparent from your posts is that you just have unreasonable expectations.

Gino called Parcel Force and they gave him a time frame which is why he says he won't call them again.
If they tell you it'll take them 4-6 weeks to investigate and pay the insurance what's the point calling them 3 days later to ask if they've made a decision?
post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Gino called Parcel Force and they gave him a time frame which is why he says he won't call them again.
If they tell you it'll take them 4-6 weeks to investigate and pay the insurance what's the point calling them 3 days later to ask if they've made a decision?
]
How did you know Parcelforce gave him a time frame? Even Gino never told me that! he told me he would not call them because he spent money on calling them. I'm repeating the facts again: In the past 4 months, if I had not emailed him asking for update, he would have never got back to me. Why did you ignore this information twice?

If you don't know all the facts, please don't mislead. I'm here to sort things out and I haven't closed this dispute because I haven't got a satisfactory answer.

All the emails have been transfered to the MOD.
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 03:17 PM
dex

I know Parcel Force gave him a time frame because he's waiting for them to contact him as you can see from his email.
That's what customer services say if they can't help on the spot - we'll call you back within 5 days or 10 days or whatever.

Judging by your responses here it's quite clear to me you are a whiner and a nagger and who knows how many emails you sent to Gino for him to just dismiss you in his email.
To me this looks like an answer that's already been given but you're asking again so he's saying - "I'll wait for Parcel Force to contact me".
For Pete's sake this is only 5 working dais after the item was sent and only 3 working days after it was delivered.
How much information do you expect him to have after 3 days.

I'll tell you this much.
After reading all your whining on this forum if I was in Gino's shoes I wouldn't have helped you.
I don't tolerate nagging and whining and after 3 days when it became apparent how unreasonable your expectations are I would have called it a day and not bothered.

About the emails going to Glen - what do you think he's the police?
The worst he can do is ban Gino on the forum and looking at Gino's posts I don't think he'd lose sleep over it.
You see you expect Glen to be able to magically help you - that's unreasonable expectations.
post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 04:55 PM

Hey man, you've crossed the line. I don't know who you are and what your motive is. But I know and this is so obvious to everybody here, that all you are doing is adding the log to the fire. What you posted is not to help resolve the problem and is only worsening the situation. And beware of you comment, it is not a good idea to launch a personal insult!

Judging from the several emails that were posted here did not make you a wise man. There are dozens of emails (to most of which he didn't even respond) I sent to the seller you didn't see. Well, obviously you know something even I don't know. If you were his friend, it may be a good idea to help him resolve the problem, instead of adding another log to the fire!

Well, to divert the attention back to the critical point, he had four months to sort it out with Parcelforce, not 5 - 10 working days, nor 4 - 6 weeks! If the seller hadn't had the attitude and communication problem from the very beginning, the problem would have been solved in a much better way.

You think it's reasonable for him to fake his details but it's unreasonable for me to make a complaint??? What kind of logic is this??? Bear in mind, I paid £265 four months ago and still have not received the item nor have had a satisfactory result!! I would have just opened the dispute on Paypal and got all my money back, if I hadn’t trusted him so much.
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 05:00 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

dex is removed from the thread.

from everything i see this will not be resolved to both of your satisfaction. i recommend you split the difference w/ gino (if you guys didn't insure it for the full amount then split the loss.

i'd be surprised if he agrees but i think that is reasonable... glen
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 05:18 PM

Thanks Glen, will take your suggestion. I want to sort it out asap.
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Vendor

The answer as to why exactly the claim is limited to 150 pounds would help sort that responsibility.
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 03:50 PM

Reviews: 1

Why did he send money to someone if he wasn't sure who he was dealing with?

Tags
edge pro trem , edge pro tremolo , edge trem , ibanez knobs , ibanez rgt , jack socket , pole switch , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro tremolo , strap button , strap buttons , trem arm , truss rod , truss rod cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode