Sims Custom Shop (Chattanooga, USA) - Page 2 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 10:35 PM

Re: Sims Custom Shop Red Multi-Color Swirl

I think it looks great! I do like the back a little better than the front. Reminds me of my swirl! Check it out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo72
I think it looks great! I do like the back a little better than the front. Reminds me of my swirl! Check it out.
Thanks Jimbo! Nice guitars, I REALLY like the swirled one of course, and your right, they do resemble each other

Last edited by PatrickSimsCustomShopUSA; 07-18-2006 at 10:49 PM.
post #18 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Dee

Patrick, I'm not sure about it. I'm sure people will disagree with me but I like less busy swirls, 2 colours is nice, that's why I love GMC's, nice simple swirls look the most effective to me. Good job, though.
post #19 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Yea, I like simple swirls too. BUT, everybody doesn't have the same taste as me. I like simple swirls, and I like some busy ones.....I really have to see them on a swirl by swirl basis, some busy ones look great, some don't, some 2 color ones look great, and some don't. I personally like ones that have good zig-zags in them, but like I said, I'm trying to put a variety out there, some with 3-5 colors some with 2, some with nice zig zags & some like this. That way there will be stuff that will appeal to ALL the swirl lovers not just a portion of them.
post #20 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 10:59 PM

Reviews: 120

There's something very cool about the chaotic nature of that swirl. I think it would look better if the trem, pickup rings, etc weren't black though. Maybe chrome hardware on it so they don't get so lost. White pickups too maybe, or even red.

I dunno about anyone else but does that patch at the top of the rear trem cavity cover look like some sort of face???
post #21 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:00 PM

swirls are like girls..

I like em all.. the ugly ones just take a little bit more time to get used to.
post #22 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Dee

Rofl.

post #23 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:06 PM

I like it, its different and somewhat chaotic in a good way. Shame you cant reverse the back and front though.
post #24 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:07 PM

Jimbo is that the original Diablo that Herc did or a replica?
post #25 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector
swirls are like girls..

Now thats a good way to look at it, never thought of it that way, LoL. By the way Ibanez Collector, I sent you a PM.
post #26 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 12:56 AM

Reviews: 5

excellent swirl. I really like that one
post #27 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelblack2
Jimbo is that the original Diablo that Herc did or a replica?
It is a Herc Fede swirl. Not sure if it's the original Diablo, bought it off E*** a couple years ago.
post #28 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:19 AM

Lovely swirls you got there SCS
post #29 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector
swirls are like girls..

Hey Patrick, any chances of the creation of a Blue multicolor (blue, black, white)? By the way, I like it!!!
post #30 of 1374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 07:15 AM

I think you have the original Diablo on your hands. If memory serves it was a repainted PBK and that sure as heck looks like it. Good for you man, Ive lusted for that specific guitar for ages. I remember when it went on **** (of course I was divorced and broke at the time) - its great to see that it is in the hands of a Jemsiter.
Closed Thread

Tags
abalone dots , ace frehley , atd swirl , basswood body , beautiful guitar , birdseye maple neck , body shape , cavity cover , chris woods , christopher woods , chrome hardware , chrome vine , clear coat , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom jem , custom necks , custom shop , custom shop guitar , death metal , dimarzio pickup , direct mounted pickups , dna swirl , double cutaway , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , electric guitar , eric clapton , fede swirl , fender strat , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , flame maple , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , fret board , gibson les paul , gmc swirl , gotoh tuners , graphite nut , guitar body , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar shop , headstock overlay , headstock shape , herc fede , herc fede swirl , high frets , hollow body , humbucker guitar , ibanez bass , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez neck , ibanez roadstar , jackson custom shop , jackson soloist , jem neck , jem swirl , john petrucci , led inlays , les paul , les pauls , local luthier , lock nut , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fret board , maple neck , matic bridge , monkey grip , mounted pickups , neck angle , neck inlay , neck joint , neck pickup , neck plate , neck pockets , neck position , neck shape , parker fly , patrick sims , patrick sims custom , paul reed , paul reed smith , pbk neck , pickup cavities , pickup cavity , pickup ring , pickup rings , pinch harmonics , pro edge , pro pickups , production model , reed smith , reverse headstock , richard fay , roadstar series , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , sam ash , scale lengths , signature guitar , sims custom , sims custom shop , sounding guitar , sperzel tuners , steve vai , strap button , strap buttons , strat body , string bass , string necks , string pickup , string pickups , swamp ash , swirl project , swirled jem , trem arm , trem arms , truss rod , truss rod cover , truss rod covers , upper fret , upper frets , van halen , warped neck , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode