UK Jem/ibanez players price advice help!! - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

UK Jem/ibanez players price advice help!!

Hi all

To anyone in the UK- I have a JEM 7DVWH 2002 that I'm looking to part with, so if anyone wishes to make an offer, I'm listening

Also, even if ur not interested in buying could someone suggest a standard price for what I might expect to fetch for this so I dont end up getting totally ripped whoever I sell to i.e. here, e-bay, random guy etc.

I see that JEM's go new for about 1700 at GAK.co.uk, so whats the used price people pay?

thanks all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: UK Jem/ibanez players price advice help!!

My advice would be to getone from the USA right now. The dollar is not doing so well against the pound. That means good deals for us Brits on stuff from the USA.

I'd wager that a second hand JEM7VWH in great condition over here would be on offer for about 1400, but check the Rich's Ibanez Rules site to see how much you can get one for
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 09:56 AM

A number of U.K dealers regularly sell new Jems from their evilBay stores for 1399 or less. One of the respected dealers is offering a new 2005 7VWH with a tiny headstock chip for 1299. See item 3773809927

So, 1400 might be a little too much to ask for a second hand '02.

Alex
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 10:48 AM
dex

Jono, the dude is selling rather than buying.

I'd say if it's in great condition with a case and lo -pro bridge (Serial starts with F02), AND you do a very descriptive writeup in ebay AND take 20-30 good quality natural light pics (upload them to a photo place like webshots/photobucket/yahoo and post a link in the auction) it might fetch over 1100.
That is if you have a 7VWH.

If you have the black one - 7DBK, then around 700.

If you just post a 2 line description and the two free 400x300 pics that ebay alowes you'd be lucky to get over 900 or 600 repectively.

ilia
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 10:54 AM
dex

la la la ..............nothing to see here

ilia

Last edited by dex; 01-10-2005 at 06:04 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 02:24 PM

except he's wanting to sell one Jono
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Erm OK, I need to read first post second!!!

OK then,

Don't expect to sell this guitar for all that much because most folks these days are buying from the USA, due to the current exchange rate!

I'd advertise at 1200 and be prepared to haggle as everyone is going to say "but I can get one of these from the states for..."

(Is that more like it guys!?!?! )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode