Where is Darren J. from ATD? - Page 10 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #136 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:45 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
re: Where is Darren J. from ATD?

gee lets lock up the forum and stop time
...glen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Vendor

Wouldn't time stop in Pensacola also? Or would it just be internet time?
post #138 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:58 PM

Guys, I'm sure it's going to get resolved one way or another so no need to get worked up. Chill out
post #139 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:06 AM

Last edited by Rayzor; 11-05-2007 at 11:52 AM. Reason: ........
post #140 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:13 AM
Vendor

You agression is understandable but your analysis couldn't be more wrong. I can't imagine what's happened in his life to bring him to this point, but Darren is no con artist.

When Christopher Woods takes a year and a half to do a job, is he a con artist also? When LGM takes 2 years to build a guitar, is he also a con artist? Did EITHER of them have thier lives wiped out by a series of hurricaines?

I will agree, you need to smell the coffee.
post #141 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Andre just got his swirl [or LGM did anyway] so there has been some effort to clearing up unfinished work. He has more to go, and the sooner the better.

According to this thread (http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showth...ight=lefty+atd) The body was swirled and shipped back in 05, which means LGM has had the body for a good while, so Darren hasn't had anything to do with that project for a good while now. Which is what I thought in the first place before I dug up that thread.
post #142 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:45 AM
Vendor

Swirled yes, was it actually shipped then? Of course I can see Jeremy taking 8 months to get to it, I had JC's swirl here for nearly a year before I did the assembly on it

The only one that can answer for sure is Andre I guess.
post #143 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:47 AM

Has anyone mentioned to Darren that this thread exists (send him the link) on jemsite?

Regards

André

post #144 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss
According to this thread (http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showth...ight=lefty+atd) The body was swirled and shipped back in 05, which means LGM has had the body for a good while, so Darren hasn't had anything to do with that project for a good while now. Which is what I thought in the first place before I dug up that thread.
Correct but it still it took Darren a year to do the swirl (04 to 05) and ship it plus it wasn't cleared because that could taken another 6 months. I have to mention that one of the reasons for the 3 year wait is that Darren had to make a swirl to bodies for me. First had to be discarded.

Regards

André

post #145 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:52 AM

Well, also in the thread you (Andre) said that it had been shipped to Canada. And that post was made in October, so that's what I was going by.
post #146 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:52 AM
Vendor

My mistake in thinking it was more recent then. Still doesn't change my opinion that Darren will make everything right in the end, but I am discouraged as I thought this was a good start.
post #147 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:55 AM

Quote:
My mistake in thinking it was more recent then. Still doesn't change my opinion that Darren will make everything right in the end, but I am discouraged as I thought this was a good start.
I don't think that Darren is out to scam anybody. He's obvious busy with a lot of things besides swirling. Last thing I heard was that he had a handyman business.

Regards

André

post #148 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:55 AM

I also agree that he will come through in the end, just didn't want Andre's body to give false hope.
post #149 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Swirled yes, was it actually shipped then? Of course I can see Jeremy taking 8 months to get to it, I had JC's swirl here for nearly a year before I did the assembly on it

The only one that can answer for sure is Andre I guess.
Jeremy only waited 2-3 weeks until he got it (after it was shipped).

Regards

André

post #150 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:58 AM
Vendor

Then why are you just posting his pics now?

Tags
addario strings , alder body , atd swirl , atd swirls , christopher woods , clear coat , cosmo hardware , guitar body , herc fede , jim donahue , john petrucci , john petrucci model , petrucci model , swirled body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode