Where is Darren J. from ATD? - Page 5 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 07:32 PM

re: Where is Darren J. from ATD?

Last edited by Rayzor; 11-05-2007 at 11:59 AM. Reason: ........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor
Cheers for your support Ibanez2005... This entire experience has been a complete nightmare; I really wish Darren lived in the UK. Out of principle, Iím now considering going over to the US and tracking this guy down. Itís not feasible, but itís more of a principle to me now. I donít care what it takes, I want JUSTICE!
Ray, check your PMs.
post #63 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 07:35 PM

Last edited by Rayzor; 11-05-2007 at 11:59 AM. Reason: ........
post #64 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:00 AM

Reviews: 13

I really feel for you guys. That bloke doesn't have one of my guitars so I can only begin to understand how it must make you guys feel. I hope you guys can sort the problem out without turning on each other, as that would be a real shame. Stick together guys and you WILL find a solution. If there was something I could do to help, I would. However all I can do is offer my support via words of encouragement and a promise that if he escapes to Sydney............

Wolfram
post #65 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 02:39 AM

I'm not stiring it up or being a coward. we all have our opinions on how to go about things. whilst my approach may not be for all i have found for years that in business i get better results from a more softly approach. i get a better responce if i try no matter how frustrating it gets to keep it friendly. its just one mans experience here, but thats what has worked for me. i have now had three emails from Darren and am trying to work to an end to the solution. in fact the way i'm trying to get my order back will take preassure off Darren and free him to spend more time on the other orders still outstanding. (therefor helping other customers in the same situation).
I know i'll probably get blasted for being soft, but like i've said i find you get better results encouraging rather then destroying.
That said, Darren knows i'm unhappy with the situation arrising from the lack of corrospondence and sheer frustration felt by us all at the uncertenty around the whole situation.
I know others have spent money on trying to resolve the situation, but you are not alone and to think so upsets me. i have done some recconing and looking back over the past two and a bit years i've been waiting, i have spent over £200 on phone calls alone. not to mention the many hours on the web looking for means of a solution.
Lets face it we are all in the same boat and working towards the same end.
For whatever reason, Darren is 'starting' to get sorted out and has 'started' to respond.
I'm not defending Darren here, just saying how i go about things.
If its a different way to how others do it, thats up to them, we are all individual after all.
i make no appologies for my way of thinking as i'm sure other would as well. but to 'have a go' for not following one persons chosen path is not right.
post #66 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 04:27 AM

Always keep it friendly and then they have no excuse to be an arsehole, and if they DO act like an arsehole you can take solace in the fact that you're better than them, lol

Thumbs up Jerrye.

I hope Darren makes it up to you guys.
post #67 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 08:56 AM

Pensacola is 200 miles from my place. I might drive down and find it for myself.

My $1300.00 are stuck with him...I am not even sure if I should just contact cops or consumer court (IF any) or what.

I ordered a preswirled body and a custom one. HE ALWAYS had excuses for not shipping the preswirled one. I just kept on trusting him because of his reputation..and NOW...................
post #68 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrye
For whatever reason, Darren is 'starting' to get sorted out and has 'started' to respond.
Please enlighten me. what's his contact info?
post #69 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:30 PM

Last edited by Rayzor; 11-05-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: ........
post #70 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=Rayzor]Jerry
Top quote indicates "looks like your kick in the pants may have worked". If you're to be honest, you're looking out for yourself mate and I canít blame you. However, suffice to say, you have made contact and not even bothered to post his contact details. Something I couldn't do knowing there are decent people in the same boat.

[QUOTE]

Firstly i find it totally wrong to post PM's in a public forum.

Secondly you acuse me of 'not even bothering to post his contact detals'. i have replied by PM to everyone that has asked for the contact details. this amounts to his normal email address that he has used for years. so not exactly a great big secret. I felt it inappropriate to post it in the public forum as those who need his address would already have it.

Finally as i have mentioned in other posts. you have your methods, myself and probably everyone else in this mele has thier own each differing in probably many ways. The one thing we all want is to get our orders delivered or our money back.

You mentioned you contacted the authorities on the 19th, i had been emailing Darren and trying to contact him in the weeks leading up to the 19th. when i received my first recent reply. just remember, its not just you doing all the work. and what's more i bet were not alone. i bet a lot of the other guys with outstanding orders have been trying to contact him regulary.
post #71 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 05:57 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

i can understand frustrations are raised as this is discussed but please DO NOT POST PRIVATE EMAIL/PMS from ANY PARTY on the forum without permission from the sender.

thanks... glen
post #72 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor
I mean exactly what I say... I whip up a bit of a SH!T storm and now you guys are receiving correspondence and putting faith in his emails again whilst I'm left out to dry. I said a few days ago, lets all stick together, but you're replying with "I am optimistic about future developments" because you received an email from him. I was looking out for all of us to try and stop this charade once and for all, but now I look like the bad man just trying to cause trouble. WAKE UP FFS!!!
Everybody knows - Darren is and never was out to rip anybody off. A swirl under the best situation from ATD was typically a 1 - 1 1/2 year wait. I'm sure what happened last year had a major impact on that. I'm not trying to nor am I going to make excuses as I always thought the 1 year wait was obsurd, but the bottom line is, there is no intent of fraud. Bad business practices does not make fraud, it just makes bad business. People are encouraged because the bottom line is, they do want their swirls [and they're bodies back obviously]. If Darren is going to continue to swirl after he works through this mess [and I surely hope he does] I will continue to recomend his work, with the "be prepared to wait a long time" footnote I always told anybody seeking a swirl done.

Good luck to each and every one of you.
post #73 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 08:33 AM

Last edited by Rayzor; 11-05-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: ........
post #74 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Vendor

Ever condsider some of what he had there might have been heavily damaged or destroyed? I'm not saying that''s the reason, or there's an excuse for lack of comunication, but there are plenty of possible reasons for your situation.
post #75 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Ever condsider some of what he had there might have been heavily damaged or destroyed? I'm not saying that''s the reason, or there's an excuse for lack of comunication, but there are plenty of possible reasons for your situation.
Darren was hit pretty bad the last two years with the hurricanes going through Florida.

Regards

Andrť

Tags
addario strings , alder body , atd swirl , atd swirls , christopher woods , clear coat , cosmo hardware , guitar body , herc fede , jim donahue , john petrucci , john petrucci model , petrucci model , swirled body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode