Where is Darren J. from ATD? - Page 6 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 01:15 PM

re: Where is Darren J. from ATD?

Last edited by Rayzor; 11-05-2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: ........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Vendor

Any swirl that was uncleared before the storms hit probably doesn't exist now. You're probably a start over from scratch deal.

I'm not going to argue, I'm not making excuses, just saying there are more variables than you are considering.

I've said my peace, I'm done.
post #78 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Any swirl that was uncleared before the storms hit probably doesn't exist now. You're probably a start over from scratch deal.

I'm not going to argue, I'm not making excuses, just saying there are more variables than you are considering.

I've said my peace, I'm done.
When the hurricanes hit him in 2004 my first body was only partly clearcoated. He told me at time that all bodies survived the hurricane but the shop was messed up pretty bad.

Regards

André

post #79 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Vendor

Partly cleared, is cleared, just needing more coats.

Body survived doesn't mean an unprotected finish survived.
post #80 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Partly cleared, is cleared, just needing more coats.

Body survived doesn't mean an unprotected finish survived.
True !

Regards

André

post #81 of 366 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 03:15 PM

Last edited by Rayzor; 11-05-2007 at 11:56 AM. Reason: ........
post #82 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Banned

Ray, hardly a strait up thing to do by slamming everyone in here as cowards who are not out of control like you.

I see the points made that do not join you in this thread, im sure there is a ton you don't know about in the situation, all we hear is your one side.

Darren has an awesome reputation for many years, obviously something has gone wrong, yet before you run your mouth any further on a public forum, bashing everyone who don't agree with you, perhaps it would be good to get all the facts....Then respond with some respect for others in here.
post #83 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 04:36 PM

post #84 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 05:48 PM

Umm, just read all 5 pages and i'm not sure where to start here. I felt I should reply as I sent my guitar off to be swirled by Herc Fede and it took a year and half to come back in the end. So Rayzor before you started blasting everything I say just remember I went through a similar process of a very long wait, and yes I understand you've been waiting longer and yes I understand it's probably easy enough for me to say as I have mine back.

Herc got ill, and I mean seriously ill, and no body heard from him in ages. We got the odd e-mail every now and again but nothing that hopefull. I took the jerrye approach to the situation. I'd e-mailed Herc alot before I sent my guitar off and I found him to be a very genuine bloke and got on well, so when I heard he was having problems finishing guitar I tryed to be as supportive as possible. This isn't a cowards approach. Where I work I have to deal with a lot of stroppy customers and someone who is an ass hole will always go to the back of the que, no matter how many times they threaten trading standards. Someone who is nice and understanding will get my undivided attension until their problem is resolved.
My point is threating people can have a very negitive effect on the whole situation.
As far as I know everyone has got their guitars back. I think Herc's reputation was shattered but he has started again and is only taking on a few orders at a time so he can finish in managable chunks.
Darren is obviuosly under a lot of stress trying to sort everything out and finish everyones orders. I'm not saying he is justified to keep your guitar that long and with out e-mail contact, but there is a reason behind everything. Someone with his reputation will always have a constant stream of customers so he is unlikely to to shut shop and run off with your guitar and money. I know when Herc was finishing the guitars he wanted them properly finished so when you open the box you get the full wow factor and not just the oh it's half finished guitar.

Okay lets get the shield out ready for rayzors reply.
post #85 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 06:19 PM

Past good reputation is no excuse for treating people like sh*t.I've lost nothing but feel for the people who have.Sanitarium,of course you can be understanding,you got yours back,and had contact explaining the situation.
And Rodney James,if the guy LET PEOPLE KNOW what the facts are,what is going on,the situation might be different.
post #86 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 06:36 PM

True I have got mine back, but I went probably a year hearing nothing yet kept my cool. Maybe that's just in my nature. It wasn't easy as sometimes i didn't wonder if i'd see it again. But then I thought worst case situation, sod it and claim off the house insurance under some random reason. Yes i'd have lost near on £500 that I paid for the work.

He has treated people like **** and i'm not making excuses for him.
post #87 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 03:22 AM

post #88 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 03:29 AM

Last edited by Rayzor; 11-05-2007 at 11:55 AM. Reason: ........
post #89 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 12:51 PM

Well your the one who is saying he's basically stolen your guitar. If you got decent cover on your house insurance you'll realise theft is covered on taking items out the house e.g. taking guitar to a gig. Do not even try a attack me on a personal level, remember flaming people on the interenet is like taking part in the paraoylmpics - even if you win your still retarded.
All I have said is just trying to put your mind at rest, at least a little bit. But I can see that is wasted on you.
post #90 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 03:04 PM

Last edited by Rayzor; 11-05-2007 at 11:55 AM. Reason: ........

Tags
addario strings , alder body , atd swirl , atd swirls , christopher woods , clear coat , cosmo hardware , guitar body , herc fede , jim donahue , john petrucci , john petrucci model , petrucci model , swirled body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode