Where is Darren J. from ATD? - Page 7 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Banned

re: Where is Darren J. from ATD?

Rayzor

How do we even know you sent a guitar to ATD?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 05:22 PM

Last edited by Rayzor; 11-05-2007 at 11:55 AM. Reason: ........
post #93 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Banned

Just a question, why is it hard for you to answer with out such a bad attitude? From reading this thread and your other posts, along with what little time you have spent in the Jemsite forum during the years of frustration your claiming, seems fishy and like you enjoy ranting and bashing with out being productive, I find your statments questionable, not a huge thing, again, just a question.
post #94 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 06:39 AM

FWIW, even if Rayzor is making inflammatory remarks, the fact still remains that more than one person has an issue with this guy's service - or lack thereof.

After re-reading this thread which was staretd in January, I didn't see that anyone has had any closure with this issue? Has anyone been contacted or received their bodies? If so, please post to calm people down.

The ATD guy was a legend for his work on the guitars, but that doesn't mean that he is immortal - he is quite capable of f-ing up. Kind of like meeting The Wizard of Oz? A peek behind the curtain reveals a not-so-glamourous sight? Maybe some people need to get their head out of the clouds?
post #95 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 07:03 AM

I'm not being funny but I'd of had the police involved a LONG time ago. Failing that, if it was the same country I'd pay him a visit.
post #96 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 08:24 AM

Last edited by Rayzor; 11-05-2007 at 11:54 AM. Reason: ........
post #97 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:22 AM

Exclamation re: Where is Darren J. from ATD?

Hey everybody.... I live in Gulf Breeze Fl., it's just across the bridge from Pensacola, where Darren is supposed to have his shop. I can tell you this.... I have had him make t-shirts for me several years back and never had any problems. Again, that was several years ago.
I will try to see if I can contact him and/or find out what is up!
As far as everyone jumping on his sh_t..... well, I hate to say it but If the guy is not performing, has your money and not contacting his customers, RED FLAGS should go up.
As a business owner/homeowner that was heavily affected by both hurricanes Ivan and Dennis it did make for major problems. But let's face it. That's been two years ago for Ivan and just about a year for Dennis. Any business worth it's "salt" has recovered, had insurance to help with recovery, and if affected, contacted their customers as soon as communications were restored. We also pulled together and helped each other.
OK.... so you say he "lost" everything including guitars & customer information. Well, it's like $9.00 or less a month to host a web site and have an e-mail account. Even if you can't monitor it, getting help from your friends and the business community is always ava. Let's face it.... he could wait for customers to contact him if all client info was lost. And with your (the customers) canceled check, cash receipt, or credit card receipt, he could easily determine who was/was not his customers.
Both the state and the federal government offered assistance to businesses affected by either hurricane. So shy of DEATH there is NO good reason for his customers to be going through this much to either: get their money back, a communication regarding their purchase, or finished product. I read in one post, it took Herc over a year to get someone their guitar body and in another that Herc and Darren "knew" each other. If in fact they do know each other, then in Gods name and simple brotherhood why weren't they helping each other get out of a jamb if there's truly a problem for either one???
Personally, I wouldn't wait a year (or more) for a guitar body.... again that's bad business ethics on the business owners behalf. Businesses don't "grow" by taking on more work than you can handle and not expanding your work force to maintain your deadlines. So you say "they are artists".... true, they could do the swirling. But the prep work and the application of the clear coats and final sanding /buffing could easily be handed off!
You only piss off your customers otherwise and once your reputation is tarnished, I don't care if you're Michael Angelo and are painting the Sistine Chapel. When it comes to peoples hard earned money. Taking it, not performing your service/job, just won't get you much if any more work.
Yeah, ART does take time.... but if you made arrangements up front and time-line has been discussed. Shame on the artist/business owner for not performing.
One other option for those dissatisfied customers is to call the Better Business Bureau of Northwest Florida (850) 429-0002. They may be able to assist you in lodging a formal business complaint. If you feel you have exhausted all avenues and have been "ripped off" then you'd need to contact the Escambia County Sheriff's Office at (850) 436-9630 to file a criminal complaint.
I hope this just about kills this thread.... there is no NEED for everyone to pile on or defend this situation. Defending it is up to the business owner! But look at it this way.... don't perform, and you can see what "word of mouth" can do to a business!

Last edited by jemplayer55; 06-08-2006 at 12:29 PM.
post #98 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:44 AM

Thumbs up re: Where is Darren J. from ATD?

Last edited by Rayzor; 11-05-2007 at 11:53 AM. Reason: ........
post #99 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 12:27 PM

Hey guys one other thing you can do is contact these people and see if he has renewed his business liscense. That would be a good indicator if things have "gone south"!

City Occupational License Department
City Hall, Fourth Floor
Government and Spring Streets
P.O. Box 12910
Pensacola, FL 32521 Phone: 850-436-5693
post #100 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor
What a way to sum things up - hat off to you bud!!! BIG THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND CONTACT NUMBERS - Good man!
Amen. I've just read through these last 5 pages and I can't see how anyone can defend Darren against Rayzor or any of the others who have been treated like sh*t by ATD. I mean, I hate to make such an unsophisticated point, but how would YOU all feel if your prize guitar, your JEM7VWH or whatever, had been sent away, or you'd sent a guy $1300 and THREE YEARS down the line you'd heard nothing???? I mean, whatever his problems, they're no excuse for no communictaions or apologies at the very least. If the guy had my guitar but genuine problems getting it back to me, and told me so and apologised, I'd be annoyed but I'd have no problems with him. HOWEVER, to take several expensive guitars and large amounts of cash and effectively disappear is the most disgusting customer service I've ever heard of. I hate to be so evil in my thoughts, but I can't help but feel that if his business goes 'kaput' from this ruining his reputation, it will be somewhat vindicated. And that may sound vindictive and a tad malignant, but there are basic standards that should be upheld within the customer services industry. If you can't adhere to these, you don't belong there.

My two pence (coz I'm British innit).
post #101 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 01:05 PM

Kudos to Jemplayer55 for offering some real solutions! Good luck to everyone.
post #102 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 01:55 PM

Darren is a member of this forum, and used to post in here in the past. At the very least, no matter what his situation was/is, he could've made a general post on here to let people know what's going on, similar to what LGM did.
The fact that he hasn't even made this slight effort should be an indication to everyone that this whole situation is just bad news for everyone involved.

It still boggles my mind that there are a few guys coming on here and trying to defend him.
peace
post #103 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 06:16 PM

Has anyone received any of their bodies back yet?

Regards

André

post #104 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 02:10 PM

No.
post #105 of 366 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 04:54 PM

Nope, once again contact has proved futile.

Tags
addario strings , alder body , atd swirl , atd swirls , christopher woods , clear coat , cosmo hardware , guitar body , herc fede , jim donahue , john petrucci , john petrucci model , petrucci model , swirled body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode