Where is Darren J. from ATD? - Page 9 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 12:33 PM

re: Where is Darren J. from ATD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadeth
you have a +1 because you got your guitar body back from him.
You just need to put a bit of pressure on him .

Regards

André

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Vendor

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but it is civil, it's contract law. You entered into a contract to have work done. The work was not done. You have the right to sue to get your money back. The suit must take place in the jurisdiction where the contract was broken, Pensacola. This is one of the reasons it's so difficult to get police involvement when you send money for something and don't get it. It's still considerred contract law.
post #123 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:25 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

sounds good but it's incorrect. you've mixed and matched info. darren could be prosecuted and CERTAINLY can be investigated (now if the DA choose to waste resources on that it's a different story).

again, nothing here rules out police involvement and getting the ball rolling. i'd wager heavily 9 out of 10 people involved here did not contact the authorities of any type

obviously the resolution is difficult but just needs some followup (assuming you want it resolved) beyond posting on a message board... glen
post #124 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:54 PM

The fact is that this is very much a civil matter. There's an agreement (verbal or otherwise) between two parties for goods or services = civil.

I once heard a compelling argument (from an attorney who agreed a very similar situation was civil) that at some point in time it would become a criminal matter. The complainant would have to document his efforts to recover his goods or money paid. Even then he would have to hope to get the police to agree it's not civil. That can be a tough sell.
post #125 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:57 PM

Reviews: 10
Cool re: Where is Darren J. from ATD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemplayer55
Hey guys..... If you want to pay some guy (SCS) to fly to (must not have read half of the posts and guess he can't figure out where he'd be flying into yet) Pensacola Florida, I say go for it.
I have had indirect contact with Darren through a mutual friend. For what it is worth..... and remember this is second hand information. Darren apparently still has a bunch of guitars and bodies laying around. I have asked that the request to contact Jemsite and his customers be given to him several times, and feel confident it has been passed on. I'm still personally trying to meet him and get the message across of just how critical this situation is. As stated to some of the principals in this whole deal thru PM's..... lets take our time and be patient. I know that's a tough thing to do if your out money plus a guitar.
I would hope that my earlier posts would have given you some legal options to follow. But if you feel the need to send someone who's "interests" seem to be motivated by what appears to be "business" related. Again, go for it. Like what..... he'd come down here and "just take" you guitars back??? More likely he'd end up in the Escambia County jail and you'd still be without your beloved guitars. And then he'd be requesting more of your hard earned money for legal fees incurred on "your behalf".
I assure you Darren is still in town and has recently gotten back into hanging out with some local musicians. Now we're trying to get him motivated to complete these projects and contact his customers.
O.K. you ask my personal interest..... absolutely none, other than I live close to Pensacola, hate to feel or get ripped off, and hate to see it happen to others.
On the other hand..... have SCS fly in, "play" tough guy, and if....yeah, if.... he even gets anywhere with his "adventure", you could spend more of your hard earned cash and let him swirl your guitars too! Just because Darren has been playing fast and loose as a business man..... he's still the "artist" you chose based on his quality work. Sorry SCS if this pisses you, but I just call it like I see it. And contrary to your last comment some of are trying to get this resolved...... just not with "strong arm" or "redneck" tactics.
Again, if you feel you have exhausted all avenues and have been "ripped off" then you'd need to contact the Escambia County Sheriff's Office at (850) 436-9630 to file a criminal complaint. Or, if any of these transactions took place via the US mail or wire (ie. fund transfer)..... contact your local FBI office.

jemplayer55
PM me if you have any questions.
I won't charge you a damn penny!
Well said!!! I can't believe the lenghts someone will go to try to make a buck!!!
post #126 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:23 PM

I just got off the phone with Sheriff's office and based on the fact that not only was there a contract for services but there was an exchange of property! This and the amounts involved make it a criminal matter. I should be receiving a call shortly regarding who to contact and what information will be required.
We just had a local business man who was arrested and prosecuted for taking peoples money and not performing services. So hang in there.... I'll post when I have more. Please e-mail me to let me know who/how many people we're talking about.
post #127 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:29 PM
site founder 0% owner

we need to stop the civil/criminal debate and focus on a problem resolution. Rich, Bill, etc. please start a new thread to continue that discussion.

The bottom line - which has been ignored since page 1 - is that NEEDS to be investigated and all the word babble doesn't change the fact that some people are lazy and some people are not. This includes victims and law enforcement officers alike.

This thread continuing on is obviously frustrating to the victims here but hopefully it will motivate enough of you (and hopefully Darren) to getting a resolution sooner than later... glen
post #128 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Vendor

I'm sorry but correct information would be useful to all parties, and as it has been pointed out, this is a civil matter. It is contract law plain and simple. It only becomes a criminal matter when a pattern of fraud is proven.

Andre just got his swirl [or LGM did anyway] so there has been some effort to clearing up unfinished work. He has more to go, and the sooner the better.
post #129 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:26 PM
site founder 0% owner

Please give it a rest Rich. unless they wish to wait for a possible resolution to present itself, they'd need to contact the authorities and push them as stated many times in this thread. To debate about civil matter is both 100% inappropriate and useless.. glen
post #130 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Vendor

Actually it's 100% on the money. And evidently the fact that somebody just received thiers isn't sinking in...
post #131 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:36 PM
site founder 0% owner

so the problem is 100% resolved now Rich?
post #132 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Andre just got his swirl [or LGM did anyway] so there has been some effort to clearing up unfinished work. He has more to go, and the sooner the better.
Do you know when?? He (Darren) hasn't been returning my emails lately.

thanks
post #133 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Vendor

Did I say that? But you must realize that is the first of what will be the long road to completion.

Email Andre
post #134 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:41 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Did I say that?
Bingo.

Now Please S.T.F.U.

With a cherry on top
post #135 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Vendor

I think everybody would be better served if you would STFU and if Darren continues to work on his backlog. And the sooner the better [that, I did say]

Tags
addario strings , alder body , atd swirl , atd swirls , christopher woods , clear coat , cosmo hardware , guitar body , herc fede , jim donahue , john petrucci , john petrucci model , petrucci model , swirled body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode