Ada Mp-1 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Ada Mp-1

Just bought an ADA MP-1 with Mod 4 MKII mod, can't wait for it to come in. Got it for an UNBEATABLE price, luckily the guy worked with me at this time (moving in about a week and my car just died...) Anyone here use an ADA MP-1? Comments or anything on it? How do you incorporate it into your setup?

For the time being, I'm just going to put it infront of in the effects loop of my Peavey XXL 2x12 combo, whichever has the best results. Later on I'm going to buy a power amp and a 2x12 cab for the MP-1. Can't wait for it to arrive...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 09:31 PM

Re: Ada Mp-1

Good enough for gilbert.........good enough for me

I hope you follow the same rule
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

I actually was looking for an MP-1 after seeing the impressive line-up of current and past MP-1 users... if Petrucci and Gilbert used it, I need it, lol.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 12:46 PM

I just bought one. I love the cleans, the distorted low-end is a little flubby, but I'm going to have mine modded by Voodoo Amps.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 02:14 PM

Reviews: 5

I have one. I used it as my main amp for all the stuff you hear on my songs here http://www.myspace.com/ChrisDuerringer.

I find it does a great job with those saturated Soldano and Hot Rodded Marshall sounds. I currently use my 5150 most of the time, but the MP-1 can go head-to-head with it every day of the week.

In terms of setup, my chain looked like this:

Ibanez RG -> ADA MP-1 -- [effects loop send]-> Behringer Ultra-Graph Pro->BBE Sonic Maximizer->Lexicon MPX-200--[effects loop receive]->Fender Princeton Chorus effects loop receive.

So basically, I had all my effects in the ADA effects loop, then plugged the ADA out into the effects receive of a Fender Princeton chorus. It would sound better with a tube power amp, but I thought it was a good tone for the money.

Last edited by jem7vwh; 08-06-2006 at 02:21 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

So you have the MP-1 in your amps effects loop? I'll probably do that for a while until I get extra money for a power amp and 2x12 cab.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 12:21 AM

Reviews: 5

Yeah, it was going into the Effects Receive input on my Princeton chorus, so the princeton just acted like a power amp and cabinet

Tags
bbe sonic , bbe sonic maximizer , fender princeton , fender princeton chorus , lexicon mpx , peavey xxl , power amp , sonic maximizer , tube power amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode