ADA MP-1 Help!!! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

ADA MP-1 Help!!!

Hey everybody, I was hoping that someone could tell me whether or not I can plug an ADA MP-1 directly into my Carvin X100B amp? This might be a dumb question, but I don't know and I would like to get it if that is possible. So, can I plug the ADA MP-1 directly into my X100B tube amp anywhere? That is the question. Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 12:31 PM

Re: ADA MP-1 Help!!!

You can , and it will be even better if you have inputs which bypass the preamp section of your amp. Ideally though you get the best ada sound through a dedicated poweramp.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 12:38 PM

As shredgram said, you will need to baypass the carvin preamp section so plug it to the return jack of the amps effect loop and not to the input jack and plug the guitar to the ADA.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 03:29 PM

Just do what barbarelaxe said and you are fine. I am running my ADA Mp-1 like that with my Legacy when I want some more 80's style tone.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Thank you guys very much, Barbarelaxe especially. So, plug it into the return on my effects jack, not the input jack?? And this will bypass the preamp section of the amp? Is that correct? I am looking to get some sick 80's metal tones, and I think i've picked up some of the right gear, let me know. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 11:10 PM

Reviews: 120

Yeah effects loop, input jack with have you running through your amps preamp, which will in turn colour the tone of the MP-1.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charv712 View Post
Thank you guys very much, Barbarelaxe especially. So, plug it into the return on my effects jack, not the input jack?? And this will bypass the preamp section of the amp? Is that correct?
exactly, you got it. If you add other effects like delay pedals or other rack gear it should be pluged into the ADA effect loop.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 11:11 AM

Reviews: 13

ADA MP1 runs well with a dedicated power amps, but Amps effect loops will do, like they suggested it.

MP1 Effect loops is not so pure unless you mod your MP1 effects loop and change out to a better OP amps IC. So the best to run other effects with the MP1 is to hook it up after the MP1 output jack, stereo or mono.

If you want even sicker Metal tones get the 3TM(Three Tube Mod)ADA MP1 with MDRT Transformer change and you will be 10X amaze, I can bet, because I owned 1.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 06:07 AM

Hi everybody,
I would need some help to understand how to run my ADA-MP1 with SPX990 or any other stereo effects. Actually my idea was to use effect loop of ADA but I guess it is mono so I don't think is good way. Can you help me to undersand how to configure?
Cheers,
g
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:25 PM

Reviews: 13
Cool Re: ADA MP-1 Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by govotones View Post
Hi everybody,
I would need some help to understand how to run my ADA-MP1 with SPX990 or any other stereo effects. Actually my idea was to use effect loop of ADA but I guess it is mono so I don't think is good way. Can you help me to undersand how to configure?
Cheers,
g
The answer is already there since 2009.
Run in direct, from MP1 output A & B to the stereo input of the SPX990. If you use the MP1 effect loops chances are it will suck your tone. ADAMP1 effect loops is a design flaw.

Tags
ada mp-1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode