Adooobbeeee - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Adooobbeeee

Hey guys,
so i recently picked up a cheap computer, (Dell Dimension 2400.) and i got Adobe on it.. It runs xp, and has an Intel Pentenium 4 processor. So i bring my stuff to it for some recording and SOLID STATIC is recorded, i have one line going into the mic jack, and headphones coming out, the headphones arent loud at all either. What should i do to fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: Adooobbeeee

Need more info from you to help diagnose the problem. What Adobe program? What version? What are you recording from (interface)? What are you trying to record--vocals, guitars, drum machine, etc?

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Need more info from you to help diagnose the problem. What Adobe program? What version? What are you recording from (interface)? What are you trying to record--vocals, guitars, drum machine, etc?
Don't you have a crystal ball?!
Shame on you lol
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Don't you have a crystal ball?!
Yes--just one! The other one is fleshy.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Yes--just one! The other one is fleshy.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 02:05 AM

Don't really understand from the description what is going on or what you're trying to do but I'm willing to bet you need an audio interface
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 11:14 AM
tyg

i have used almost the same set-up with adobe 1.5, worked ok but eventually bought an interface. Options - Device properties - make sure wave in and wave out are set to your soundcard. Right click on the track you are recording on and make sure input and output are set to your soundcard. Have you armed a track for recording? Check the volume control in windows. Start - Control panel - Sounds and audio devices - under Volume Tab click Advanced, Make sure the line in volume is not muted and set to a desireable level. Good Luck.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

I run my Ibanez AX7221 to a roland 30x cube, the cube runs from the amp out jack straight into computer, it worked on my netbook, this is why im wondering what is going on. When i click the record button the soundwave maxes out and stays maxed out so i cant record anything, and when i press the play button it sound like whitenoise (the static sound when the T.V. is the black and white fuzz for those of you who dont know). Im baffled because this has worked before.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Adobe Audition 3.0
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 05:11 PM
tyg

Start - Control panel - Sounds and audio devices - under Volume Tab click Advanced, Turn the line in volume down to a managable level, play with that level.

Tags
adobe , recording

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode