Advice for buying multiple guitar cases please - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Advice for buying multiple guitar cases please

Hi, I have three guitars Ibanez RG550DX, RGT3120, and an S1620FB, but no legitimate hard cases for them. So I am trying to buy three guitar cases for the best price possible. I do not really care if they are ibanez cases just as long as they fit the guitar and protect. Does anyone have some advice about getting some good cases for a good price?

Thanks for your time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 04:47 PM

Reviews: 15
Re: Advice for buying multiple guitar cases please

I think a mom & pop shop might be more willing to cut you a deal than the big box stores. Unless the big box stores have some clearance cases they're wanting to get rid of quickly.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 04:49 PM

Reviews: 1

I went into my local music shop, who happen to be an Ibanez dealer, and purchassed 4 Ibanez cases for 80.00 each brand new. I believe normaly there 109.00 each.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nci2c0 View Post
Hi, I have three guitars Ibanez RG550DX, RGT3120, and an S1620FB, but no legitimate hard cases for them. So I am trying to buy three guitar cases for the best price possible. I do not really care if they are ibanez cases just as long as they fit the guitar and protect. Does anyone have some advice about getting some good cases for a good price?

Thanks for your time
check out local pawn shops...they have a range of guitar cases and bags for all kinds of guitars. Try Cash Pawn Sales.. you will surely find them at low price.

Last edited by Madelineid; 11-30-2012 at 06:24 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 02:01 AM
Vendor

As somebody that has seen Ibanez guitars in about every type of aftermarket case there is, none of them were worth crap. If you want good fit, and good protection, buy the real deal.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 02:15 AM

Ibanez M100C is the best so far.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 04:58 PM

Have to agree. M100c. I waited for a coupon for one of the big box stores and had a 20% off coupon that I used along with free shipping. I only have three hard cases and I buy a certain non-ibby brand soft case when I see them in eBay for the rest. You could always check with Rich to see if he'd give a discount for multiple case purchase. Shipping might get you though.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 07:13 PM

m100c.
scour pawn shops and see if they have any "loose" cases and see if they'll cut you a deal on what they have. cheapest m100c i ever got was $20. i've never paid more than $50 on a case and i have some really nice m100c, m150c, uv1000c, and others for my non ibanez guitars. most of my guitars came with cases, tkl, skb, and some random off brand tolex cases that are in fact, nice cases, too.

rich
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 10:59 AM

Reviews: 4
Talking Re: Advice for buying multiple guitar cases please

I picked up 3 guitar cases at a pawn shop for about $20 each!

Tags
case

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode