All About The Peavey Valveking - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 20
Post All About The Peavey Valveking

Hi everyone, I was reading a thread from a while ago where somebody said the Peavey Valveking had cheapo parts or something; it's got me thinkin' .

So I have to ask, what are the good or cheapo parts exactly in the Valveking? Which are replaceable? Which aren't? I'm pretty new to the world of tube amps and what's good and bad, I actually have a Valveking 100 head and a 4x12 cab myself and I'm curious to how good it really is in comparison to others maybe (I know it doesn't stand a chance to higher end amps of course)- I've had it 18 months or so now.

My uncle just got a Spider valve 1x12 (not sure on wattage- 40 or something?) and it sounds pretty awesome- how does that compare with the Valveking?

Please go into as much detail as you feel appropiate .
Thanks alot for your time and everythin reading and maybe replyin' to this post- have a good day or evening or whenver you're reading this!
All the best
Jonny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 08:22 PM

Talking Re: All About The Peavey Valveking

used a valveking 100w head w/412valveking cab. it was a loner for 2weeks. my main set up is crate bv120 head w/412 vintage 30 cab. I couldn't wait to get my rig back. I use multiple processors but build the sound from the amps. natural tone. the peav. didn't thrill me there. had a legacy stack and was better than peav. but not as good as crate. my buddy has dual rectifier stack and sorry for the coin he spent not impressed.

Tags
dual rectifier , peavey valveking , tube amp , tube amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode