Almost new amp day! Carvin Legacy - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Almost new amp day! Carvin Legacy

You know how sometimes you just get lucky. Went in to our local guitar shop today and was just looking around and BAM! In the amp room sits a used Carvin Legacy VL212. Exactly what I've been gassin for for a couple of years. It was a trade in a week ago from an ex employee (bass player). Not used very much but it's in great shape except for the "y' is broke off the badge on the front of the grill. Also has added casters. Instead of buying used off the internet, this one has been gone thru by an amp tech and they installed a brand new set of EL34 Groove Tubes. Took the back cover off and it has the G12 Vintage 30 Celestions. Went home and grabbed my ZOOM G2 and Horsie II wah and jammed on a RG1451 (the only Ibanez in the store) for an hour. WOW! My distortion setting I've got dialed in on the pedal sounded so warm and tubed up. Just amazingly awesome. The amp distortion was impressive too but the pedal on the clean channel really cannot be beat. Even the guys at the store were shocked how well the pedal sounded on this tube amp. This thing is unbelievably LOUD! I didn't get it past 4 and really could have used some ear plugs. They wanted $499 plus tax so I put half down on layaway for a month. I can't wait to get it in the band room and crank this sucker UP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 08:39 AM

Reviews: 34
Re: Almost new amp day! Carvin Legacy

Awesome score!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 06:30 PM

No pic, no new amp

Pd: congrats, that's a very good amp.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

It's on layaway until next month. Pics when it comes home. I was checking on the carvin forums and they pretty much said there's no way do date it. Is there anything that could date a Carvin Legacy or are all 2000-2011 amps identical?

Tags
carvin legacy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode