Amp Advice - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Amp Advice

I currently run a Fender HRDeluxe w/a v30 in it.. I am not currently in a band (and want to stay that way for a while), but do play weekly at a church. My father has been pressuring me to dump my 1960A, and to be honest I don't have much use for it. I sold my head, and I falling deeper and deeper into jazz fusion and poppier music (no more metal for me..)

I am debating between buying another HRDeluxe to run stereo with my current, and buying the HRDeluxe extension cabinet. In terms of brand new pricing, the cabinet is about 400$ cheaper. I am happy with the amount of power that my amp puts out, I more or less just want the bigger sound that 2 cabinets can help provide. I will probably run the amps or amp and cabinet several feet apart from each other, to create a big, stereo sound.

Advice? Thoughts? Say hi?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 11:12 PM

Re: Amp Advice

I can't offer you any amp advice but have some life advice if your interested
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 12:46 AM

so long as you don't think you'll return to wanting a big metal style amp again soon I'd say get the cabinet. Run them wide and it's sound great.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
Once again to everyone on the forum.
I'm an idiot please do not pay attention to me.
Just sayin'
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 01:51 AM

well I never said I'd stop talking, however true it may be.

Tags
extension cab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode