which AMP to go with BOSS pedal... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

which AMP to go with BOSS pedal...

Hey dudes,
so i got the MT-2 Metal Zone BOSS pedal... its good with my Marshall MG30...
but i have sum extra cash. so i was wondering what other amps are out there, that'll compliment the pedal.. Its just that the marshall mg30 doesnt have the best clean channel, so i want something that'll equal up with the distortion potential... maybe sum nice tubes. ?

rocK On.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 02:19 AM

Mesa/Boogie my friend...I also have a MT-2 pedal and I plugged it into my friend's Boogie and it sounded awesome...It was a smaller Boogie...wish I could remember the model but it DID sound great...You might want to check those out....Amp of hellfire, dude...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 02:21 AM

oh yeah...I forgot to mention that the clean channel sounded great....totally smooth...
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 01:54 PM

I like that-looking for an amp to go with the pedal!

Mike 777 Haug
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

well its just that ive had the amp for a while, and looking for sum new tones. Preferably good clean ones, cause i got the pedal to take care of the distortion.
i was thinking about getting a messa boogie. but when i saw the prices my eyes fell outta their sockets . i really dont want to pay over 1 000 for an amp at this time.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike777

I like that-looking for an amp to go with the pedal!

Mike 777 Haug
That's what i was thinking too, it ususally works the other way...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 05:04 PM

Here on the farm we call that 'back asswards'.

I have a jug of gasoline here - can anybody recommend a good car?

~K
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 08:24 PM

LOL that's exactly what I was thinking.

1st get the right amp - don't even worry about any pedals 'till you've got the right amp!!! Then it's, well, the sky's the limit as far as pedals go...

good luck
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 11:51 PM

Not that the Metal Zone doesn't kick a$$ (I used to have one and used it religiously for a while), but if you find the RIGHT amp, you'll probably never use it again!

I second everybody on the Mesa gear--the prices and features of Mesa amps vary quite a bit. How powerful of an amp do you need? Some of Mesa's 1x12 combos (Nomad 45, DC3) are pretty reasonably priced, and are nothing short of amazing!

--B
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 12:51 AM

If you're DEAD set on using that Metal Zone with an amp...

I own one, and used to run it through a Marshall JTM-30 combo. Sounded nice, but i thought it just killed through a small fender tube amp i played it through once. That'd be my vote.

That said, after i bought a Mesa, the thing started gathering dust. Tried backing the gain all the way off to use it as a light overdrive on the distortion channel, but i preferred it straight. The amp in question was a Rocket-44 which you can probably score for a decent price used- I know Matt's Music at the top of this page has one, because i just sold him mine.

-Drew

Tags
boss pedal , marshall jtm , mesa amps , tube amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode