Amp issues - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Amp issues

alright this whole post is just gonna lack useful information I'll get more tomorrow but my friend has a problem with his amp where it randomly switches from channel A to channel B and vice versa, just whenever it feels like it apparently, any vague ideas of what the problem is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 04:20 AM

Sounds like he needs to replace the cable from the amp to the channel foot switch. I had the exact same thing happen to me at a show a couple of weeks ago and the cable turned out to be the culprit. To check, have him unplug the foot switch and play for a little while to see if the amp still misbehaves. My guess is that it won't.

If the cable isn't replacable (ie built into the footswitch) then it's probably time for a new foot switch.

-Lance
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

yea thats what I figured this amp sounds fairly old its a celestion, like the front of the amp says celestion its a 2x12 with you guessed it celestions, but I've never seen a celestion brand amp before, celestion speakers in everything but an amp, first time for everything I guess I'll take a look at the footswitch.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

went to the kids house, yea no footswitch, it just switches channels on its own, now I'm real confused.

Tags
foot switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode