Amp Review with my own audio samples - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Reviews: 64
Talking Amp Review with my own audio samples

If you're searching for an amp I hope this will help you.

Audio samples = http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=983263
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 11:44 AM

Reviews: 15
Re: Amp Review with my own audio samples

Cool review and great samples.

Line 6 get a lot of stick, but you can't knock the amount of stuff they manage to pack into an amp and still keep the price low. I had the 15W version as a practice amp for a while and only sold it because the 8" speaker was losing the battle with my Uber Metal pedal - other than that it was a fantastic little thing.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks Marke.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 01:01 PM

Reviews: 2

Great review, but its still very hard to ignore the dozens-going-on-to-hundreds of terrible reviews this thing gets.

Just a question coming from someone who doesn't have much experience with these kinds of modeling amps: how hard is it and how long does it take to switch from all the presets? With 400 different presets, wouldn't most of them sound very same-ish and just take literally forever to find the one you want?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Banned

There's a list of presets.Some are based on songs and some are artists presets,just pick the one you want.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Banned

ive been using a line 6 flextone111 amp for a few years now and i can honestly say i wouldnt part with it.cracking little amp
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 06:32 PM

i had a flextone III and i did part with it after using it for years. honestly, the tone wasn't too bad, but even at low volume, i can get better tone with low wattage tube amps. they won't be as versatile and if you want something cheap and you need a lot of different tones (i.e., cover band gig), then i would wholeheartedly recommend it. but if you are looking for that one great tone, i personally think there are much better options out there.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 10:33 AM

Really nice samples man, cool playing. Surprising what can come out of that amp. These things always make me realize I should practice more
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks man.
Some people can't get a goot tone even from a mesa boogie lol
How is Belgium?
I'd love to know such a distant and different place.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 03:07 PM

Well yeah, I have more gear than I can justify for compared to my playing skills. Gas is horrible.

Anyway, Belgium is small and sympathetic, very good cuisine, best beer and chocolate in the world. Same goes for Brazil btw, one of these countries on my list
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I think the samples are fantastic, especially the Marillion one.

The review itself I think needs a bit of work, a couple of the turns of phrase are just plain wrong, but folks will definately get a good picture of the amp.

Of course, the Spider 4s are starting to hit the shops now, which makes these a second hand bargain!!!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
I think the samples are fantastic, especially the Marillion one.

The review itself I think needs a bit of work, a couple of the turns of phrase are just plain wrong, but folks will definately get a good picture of the amp.

Of course, the Spider 4s are starting to hit the shops now, which makes these a second hand bargain!!!
Really thanks Jono.I'm happy cause somebody here still remembers marillion.Steve Rothery to me is the master of melodies,his solos phrases are all about melody.
Well with or without wrong phrases I think samples are the best way of showing any equipment,you know written reviews are all about that reviewer's personal tastes but when somebody listen to a sample he can has his own interpretation of that tone without the other person tastes in the middle.
I think it's a great amp,no tubes still great tones under 300 usd.
Everything depends on what you need,if you're in a great band with gigs and roadies buy mesa boogies,if you have a small band or play with friends on sunday,this is killer.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 12:18 AM

Reviews: 12

I've always thought Line6 did very well with effects, clean and lightly over driven amp sims. But always falls short when it comes to a solid three dimensional sounding mid to high gain tones. The new Spider is no different IMHO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode