AmpliTube iRig STOMP stompbox guitar interface now shipping! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

AmpliTube iRig STOMP stompbox guitar interface now shipping!

The first stomp box guitar interface for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad

IK Multimedia, a world leader in mobile music creation apps and tools, is proud to announce the shipping of iRig STOMP. iRig STOMP is the first stompbox guitar interface for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. For the first time, guitar and bass players can now integrate their favorite iOS signal processing apps into their existing live pedalboard setup for enhanced tone shaping and effects processing using an iPhone/iPod touch or iPad.

iRig STOMP is based on the wildly-popular AmpliTube iRig interface and iRig STOMP is compatible with any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad guitar amp or instrument app. With its compact, standard stompbox shape, iRig STOMP is packed with many smart features found here for the first time in an iOS audio accessory.

Watch the iRig STOMP trailer.

Watch how you can integrate your favorite iOS signal processing apps into your existing live pedalboard setup.

Features:

• Compact, durable yet lightweight, aluminum-cast enclosure integrates easily into any traditional pedalboard.
  • Can be used inline with other effects pedals or directly connected to amplifiers or PA systems using regular ¼” guitar cables with no need for adapters.
  • Large input gain knob provides precise adjustment of the signal for perfect guitar and bass levels.
  • Active battery-powered output circuit improves headroom, especially when used with high-gain amplifiers in the AmpliTube app, reducing feedback and crosstalk when recording.
  • The bypass switch allows engaging or bypassing the AmpliTube app chain of effects – like a traditional stompbox – for seamless integration into any existing rig.
  • Ultra-compact form factor can be easily carried on the road.
  • Features a 3.5mm/1/8” jack for silent practicing with headphones.
  • Includes AmpliTube FREE app from the App StoreSM and can be used with any other guitar processing app that uses the iOS mini-jack including Garage Band®.

Pricing and availability

Get an iRig STOMP for $59.99/€44,99 (excl. tax) from electronic and music retailers around the world, and from the IK Online Shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 07:19 AM

Reviews: 120
Re: AmpliTube iRig STOMP stompbox guitar interface now shipping!

Hi Brian, would you be interested in people part of the Jemsite reviewers program to review this? You should contact AlaskaBat about becoming part if you are interested.
LonePhantom is online  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 10:11 AM

Reviews: 39

Except it's not the first stompbox interface for iPhone...

From Digitech...except that the iStomp takes forever and a million years to actually load.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 10:29 AM

See, all this is very cool, but until companies start to make the same products for Android, it's completely moot. I actually thought the iStomp was a very cool idea for people that prefer stompboxes and have the need to have a wide selection of pedals without breaking the bank. But I'm not buying an iPhone/iPad just to use it. I'd rather spend the money on a real pedal.

Last edited by Viper-sfm; 09-10-2012 at 10:37 AM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 AM

That's google's / android's fault for not fixing latency issues. The amp modeling companies are not ignoring android and have actually worked very much on it, but google only cares about what ads you see to make their profit. This is why I downgraded to a stupid iPhone, so I can play my guitar through it. Visually, it's not so bad, since I was running miui anyway, but the usability was far superior, that's for sure. Hopefully someday they'll get it together and I can go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-sfm View Post
See, all this is very cool, but until companies start to make the same products for Android, it's completely moot. I actually thought the iStomp was a very cool idea for people that prefer stompboxes and have the need to have a wide selection of pedals without breaking the bank. But I'm not buying an iPhone/iPad just to use it. I'd rather spend the money on a real pedal.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 11:29 AM

It is true for the iRig, but not for the iStomp, since you have to pre-load the patch into the pedal anyway, latency is not an issue in that case. In any case, Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) should come with much improved latency. Anyway, we are getting off-topic. Just a little bit frustrating I guess

Back to the iRig though, I thought Digitech nailed it better by having the patch loaded into the pedal. Sure, with this you can hookup multiple things at once, but I dunno...making my phone part of my signal chain is not something I find very interesting.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

iRig STOMP will work with any electronic device that uses a standard 4-pole headset jack. So this includes Android phones.

DigiTech iStomp looks pretty cool. But it does not do what iRig STOMP does.
iRig STOMP is a stompbox interface for your iOS device, and yes, it is the first (and only AFAIK.) DigiTech iStomp is not a mobile interface. It merely uses iOS to purchase and load stompbox models, which reprograms the iStomp's internal DSP, turning it into a different pedal. It still operates just as a standard guitar pedal, though. It isn't going to be an iOS audio interface that you plug into an iPhone to record guitar into GarageBand or AmpliTube Slash, which is what iRig STOMP is.

Last edited by Brian @ IK; 09-10-2012 at 03:19 PM.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:17 PM

It looks like we are after different things. I wasn't aware there were no latency issues with the digitech because as soon as I realized what it was, I looked elsewhere. As Brian stated, they're two different things, and what I was after was a way to jam on the couch with headphones and get away from the need for small 5w practice amps or busting out my laptop to do so. I have no desire to use it in the fx chain of my main amp, where I already have real pedals doing all that I need. So naturally I stayed away from the digi and went with the small iRig interface. I likely won't be buying the iRig stomp either, for the same reason, if I ever decide to rout these sims to an external amp or speaker then I might look at those, but I can do that with the small interface, anyway.

You're right, the android thing is frustrating, I waited over a year for a solution that never came, I hope it gets resolved. On the bright side, this PITA 4s has a way better camera than my htc Evo did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-sfm View Post
It is true for the iRig, but not for the iStomp, since you have to pre-load the patch into the pedal anyway, latency is not an issue in that case. In any case, Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) should come with much improved latency. Anyway, we are getting off-topic. Just a little bit frustrating I guess

Back to the iRig though, I thought Digitech nailed it better by having the patch loaded into the pedal. Sure, with this you can hookup multiple things at once, but I dunno...making my phone part of my signal chain is not something I find very interesting.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian @ IK View Post
iRig STOMP will work with any electronic device that uses a standard 4-pole headset jack. So this includes Android phones.
So, it's official, there will be no latency issues with android and I can trade in my phone if I use the stomp box? Any idea if they're getting closer to making android work with the small iRig interface? Just trying to jam through headphones, so it's kind if a bummer to have to buy a stomp box to replace what I already bought. KIND OF... if it'll get me off iOS then I can deal with it.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel_f View Post
It looks like we are after different things. I wasn't aware there were no latency issues with the digitech because as soon as I realized what it was, I looked elsewhere. As Brian stated, they're two different things, and what I was after was a way to jam on the couch with headphones and get away from the need for small 5w practice amps or busting out my laptop to do so. I have no desire to use it in the fx chain of my main amp, where I already have real pedals doing all that I need. So naturally I stayed away from the digi and went with the small iRig interface. I likely won't be buying the iRig stomp either, for the same reason, if I ever decide to rout these sims to an external amp or speaker then I might look at those, but I can do that with the small interface, anyway.

You're right, the android thing is frustrating, I waited over a year for a solution that never came, I hope it gets resolved. On the bright side, this PITA 4s has a way better camera than my htc Evo did.
Well, in reality I'm not looking at either of them. I still like to look at what the market has to offer though I get the practice thing, but I wouldn't have gotten an iPhone for that. To each his own I guess
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 06:12 PM

Reviews: 120

I don't understand why people are discussing latency issues with the Digitech iStomp. It's a programmable stomp box that you use with a guitar amplifier. You load up your chosen pedal using you iOS device, and when it's done you unplug your device, and hook the pedal up to your amp and guitar. There are no latency issues.
LonePhantom is online  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel_f View Post
So, it's official, there will be no latency issues with android and I can trade in my phone if I use the stomp box? Any idea if they're getting closer to making android work with the small iRig interface? Just trying to jam through headphones, so it's kind if a bummer to have to buy a stomp box to replace what I already bought. KIND OF... if it'll get me off iOS then I can deal with it.
Latency is a product of the OS and apps. As an analog device, iRig STOMP doesn't introduce latency. That does NOT mean, however, that you will be able to use an Android audio app without latency. This is the one and only reason we have not developed apps for Android yet.

But you can still use iRig, iRig MIC, iRig MIC Cast, iRig MIX, and iRig STOMP with an Android device for audio recording. I think iRig MIC Cast can be particularly useful for anyone who wants to upgrade the mic of their Android device, even with latency issues. It's great for filming with your Android device, podcasting, Skyping, or field recording. I wouldn't suggest trying to do realtime live audio processing on Android at this point, though, if there are even apps that do.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
I don't understand why people are discussing latency issues with the Digitech iStomp. It's a programmable stomp box that you use with a guitar amplifier. You load up your chosen pedal using you iOS device, and when it's done you unplug your device, and hook the pedal up to your amp and guitar. There are no latency issues.
Which I mentioned in another post, hence why I don't understand why Digitech haven't done a version for Android yet.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 09:07 PM

Reviews: 6

The iStomp is $149 plus $4.99 per fx which can be costly, why not just get Line6 M5. Also,
you needs an iPhone or ipod to use for purchasing the app and loading. I rather just get a Line 6 M5.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 PM

Is this dude a vendor?

Tags
amplitube , ios , ipad , iphone , irig

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode