Analog man - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6
Analog man

This guy was recently brought to my attention by a previous post. He does some great mods of boss pedals, namely the DS-1 and BD-2 especially. My main concern is how he wants me to make my payment for services rendered. He wants me to ship him my DS-1 with the return shipping fee and the price of the modification in cash in the battery compartment of my pedal! Does this sound sketchy to anyone else? Has anyone else payed for a mod that this guy did in this manner? I just want to make sure i'm not paying him to steal my gear. I apologize if anyone knows this guy personally. I don't mean to slander him it's just this makes me a little nervous. Any comments on your experience with this guy would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 11:25 PM

Re: Analog man

why don't u get a mod from keeley ? short and simple.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 02:39 AM

Yeah, that's a different method of payment for sure. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with it. But I know of enough people who've dealt with him to say that I'm confident you won't get ripped off.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 06:50 AM

Smile Re: Analog man

Hey JemWielder

I assure you the transaction is a safe one. I was also a skeptic when i first sent my TS-9 out to get modified. But Mike also instructed me to put the money in the cavity of the pedal and I did with the shipping rate. He is honest and will not steal from you. I have purchased many things from him and have had many mods never had a problem with him or his service it is top notch! I know that it sounds kinda of weird to send your cash with the pedal but it is safe. Insure your pedals from USPS and send it out. The only thing depending on how much work Mike has to do will determine how quick you will recieve your pedal back, I think it took about 2 weeks to get mine back, but I loved it. I use the brown option on my TS-9 and I have recently purchased an OD-3 mod. E-mail him he should get back with you as soon as he can. I wish I could guarantee it all for you Jem but I can't all I can tell you is that I have never had anything stolen( money, pedals or other) He is the real deal. Now you will want to stay away from **** there is an imposter selling Analog Man pedals and Mike is quick to warn you on his website that they are not his. I hope this helps. One more thing Mike (analog) has a really cool trademark at the rear of the pedal that he stamps on. If you have any more question feel free to e-mail me or post and I will reply as soon as I can.

Armando
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6

thanks for the info guys, it steadies me a little. I still think i might send a money order with the pedal instead. Then again i'm pretty impatient to get this bad boy shipped out and modded. This DS-1 has been my main distortion pedal for many years. If anyone's ever seen a picture of vais with large chips taken out of the paint from use over the years then you'll have an idea of what mine looks like. Mike says that the DS-1/pro mod doesn't change the pedal as much as it widens the scope of the distortion and volume level. Basically it makes it a DS-1 on steroids, more of a good thing is always a plus in my book. Once again I appreciate everyones help on the subject. I also plan to pick up a couple of his premodded pedals. I've always loved boss pedals but this guy seems to be making them even better.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadeth
why don't u get a mod from keeley ? short and simple.
Keeley does the same thing if you are to send him a pedal to mod. I have never heard any complains about Robert Keeley or Analog Man as being con artists.

The reason he said to stuff the cash in the battery compartment of the pedal is to hide the cash, so it wont get stolen in the mail (or less likely!).
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 11:32 AM

I'll throw my experience out there too if you need more 'nerve steadying'
My first experience with Mike was ordering a Clone Chorus from him, with the 3-way toggle and a green LED. No problem, done super fast, got it in a week of ordering. LOVE it.
Then I sent a Boss DD-6 for his hi-cut mod... since I'm in MA and he's in CT, I shipped it AND got it back modded in the SAME WEEK. Very responsive with emails, and I've found no flaws with his work on either pedal after using them for quite some time now.

-Ben

Tags
boss pedal , boss pedals , distortion pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode