any guitars like this available: - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

any guitars like this available:

24 frets
nice chunky neck not like wizard
h-s-h (doesnt matter what pickups)
wilkinson trem (that funky one thats supposed to be for players who are "burned out" on locking trems as warmoth puts it)

i'd love something like this, but i fear that the only way i could get it in a guitar is if i bought a custom built one
any suggestions folks would be welcomed thanx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 03:34 PM

Re: any guitars like this available:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodros
24 frets
nice chunky neck not like wizard
h-s-h (doesnt matter what pickups)
wilkinson trem
You want an Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette!!! This is absolutely what you want - it is everything you want and more! These guitars ROCK!!

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

thanx for the suggestion! i really want to get something with a good trem, one that will withstand some abuse, but not a locking one so i can tune differently now and again
that does look nice though
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 09:45 PM

The trem on the Silhouette is as good as the trem on a PRS - they're the two best "standard" trems I've ever played... They absolutely blow the Wilkinson and Fender trems out of the water! the EB/MM trem is solid, heavy, and keeps tune perfectly. I repeat: a Silhouette meets all your stated requirements....
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi D
They absolutely blow the Wilkinson and Fender trems out of the water! ....
Blow away a wilkinson??? Kahler/Wilkinson/or high end Ibanez trem or non at all.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 07:58 AM

Go and speak to Patrick Eggle. They will custom build a Berlin legend with the Wilkinson locking trem (locks as a fixed bridge, but releases when you pull the arm up to use it - incredible) for the £2100 mark.

Your choice of woods, pickups etc and a beautiful guitar, if you hadn't guessed I have one at the moment, can PM you pics if you want.

All the best,

Jamie
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 11:01 AM

Carvin has pretty thin necks, but I think the Holdsworth is thicker. He's always liked a round, thick neck, and I think with Carvin its a different neck than the other ones. You can probably get that one with a wilkinson. I don't know if you like the body or their sound and feel, but it could at least have the features you want.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCShredder
Blow away a wilkinson??? Kahler/Wilkinson/or high end Ibanez trem or non at all.
Ya sure... like Wilkinson (now made by Gotoh - who also manufacture the Floyd used by EB/MM) bears comparison with a Kahler Pro or Lo Pro... You're probably right about the EB/MM trem tho' - I mean, I know it's good enough for that Petrucci fellow but it wouldn't suit you

Tags
beautiful guitar , ernie ball , fixed bridge , ibanez trem , locking trems , patrick eggle , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode