Anybody have good v-amp2 settings - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Anybody have good v-amp2 settings

i own the v-amp 2 pro and i can get a few good sounds... it was really crappy before i put the configuration in live setting. and all the cabinet models sound like garbage to me... does anybody have some good settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 12:49 PM

Re: Anybody have good v-amp2 settings

As you are in 'live' mode, I assume that you are running it through a guitar amp? If so, make sure you completely turn the cab sims OFF. Setting it on L1 doesn't completely blot out the cab sim effects.

Just go SETUP (bank down & bank up) > 'C' (cabinet) and set the value to "-". You'll be surprised by the difference it makes.

It's not easy to prescribe presets when you don't make it clear what you are trying to achieve. Once you have neutered the cab sims as I've described, I suggest you set you L1 eq's flat (all @ halfway) and the same with your amp. I've run the Vamp2 through Marshalls, Fenders, MESA's and Peaveys and have found it always works best if all the amp eq's are also set at the 12 o'clock position.

I play hard rock and have found it's best to set the amp not on squeeky clean, but with a little grit in the tone, i..e master volume half, gain on half. With the amp set a little dirty, the hi gain/rectified sounds work better and it's amazing how clean the 'clean v-amp' amp sim comes through (even with a gritty amp).

By this stage, fiddling around and getting good quality tones is not that difficult. Say you are looking at Satch's tone, google his gear set up and try to emulate it in the Vamp2. For Peavey JSX's, start with 'modern hi gain' and so on.

Also, you'd be well advised to download the 'V-AMP EDIT' program from the Behringer website. Hook your Vamp2 up to your computers sound card through 2 x midi cables (using only 1 midi cable won't work) and editing/creating good sounds will be childs play.

Good luck
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 12:58 PM

Oh, one last thing. Stick a little piece of masking tape on the 'Master Volume' knob. Mark the zero position and never run you Vamp2 past 9 o'clock. It's output is very powerful and having the MV higher, you will undoubtedly overdrive the preamp and the marriage of digital and analgue distortion is not a healthy one. Besides, you will find that using it this way, your volume straight through the amp and with using the Vamp2 will be the roughly the same.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the information. i did already have the cabinet modeling off though. i am using it with a combo but i have the output into the effects loop return ( turning off all the amps eq). and my sound card doesnt have a midi in or out... and i dont really want to buy a midi interface

Last edited by AlexBLA; 08-06-2005 at 02:49 PM.

Tags
peavey jsx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode