Ibanez JEM Forum banner

anyone ever use a krank amp?

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Jammy 
#1 ·
what amp and what did you think?

#5 ·
One of the local bands here got one for free as an endorsement deal. It blew up on stage, and he brought it in to be serviced.

Crappiest soldiering job I've ever seen on the inside of an amp, the amp tech alomst busted a gasket when he found out they sold for what they do.

Krank has been banned from Harmony Central's review system for having their employees give glowing reviews over and over to boost hype.

Everyone who's played one on the HC Forums has said the same thing: Great clean channel, thin buzzy, and un-useable distortion channel.

#9 ·
i dont know about the gain channel being un-usable, i use it alot...but, its a pretty modern sounding thing, its not got your classic fat crunchy hendrix gain... its got some awesome gain sounds though, and i really dig the amp overall, its also got absurdly tight low end for riffing and all that,. The clean channel is CLEAN, turn it upto ten and you wont even hear the slightest crunch, its punchy and full, and really responsive, i use it alot, i think overall Krank make a good versatile amp, with two very different and distinctive channels, the cabs/enclosures are also built like tanks, reminiscent of MESA cabs, and sound huge. turn it up loud, cause you dont have a choice :p

#12 ·
microdmitry said:
Two hands31 said:
If only they added a third, lower-distortion, more vintage sounding channel, I'd give up digital altogether.
8O 8O 8O 8O
Hey, I've never heard a nicer clean tone other than Line6, and that's an important factor to me. The only way I'd ever give up Line6 is if I could afford 2 or 3 amps and a bunch of pedal/rack effects, or I found a non-digital amp that was as versatile.

The reason Krank could almost do that for me is that in my current band those amps are just one channel short of everything I need so far.

#14 ·
Two hands31 said:
If only they added a third, lower-distortion, more vintage sounding channel, I'd give up digital altogether.
Yeah, micro, I was thinking- that's about as strong an endorsement as I could imagine, too. ;)

re: line6 not liking to stay perfectly clean; my favorite clean tones have always had a slight amount of warm grit to them. I just never could come to terms with perfectly pristine clean tones...

-D

#17 ·
I just heard this morning, that Dime is only using the Revolution amps, until they're done designing his new signature amp- the Krankenstein.

He also clarified a few things- including the fact that he was NOT dumped by Washburn/Randall. His contract was up, and he opted out. One reason being, that Dean Zelinsky is back at Dean Guitars, and he now has the big chance he's always wanted- to work with him. I remember that the only reason he went with Washburn in the first place, was because he couldn't find Dean Z.

Anyway, I'm a little anxious to get to try out his new amp, when it's released. I bet it's going to sound SICK.

#18 ·
If you want a more classic gain sound that is dynamic, try the Chadwick. I played both and I preferred it over the Revolution. I thought they both sounded really good. The Revolution is more of a modern sounding amp with a great clean channel. The Chadwick is a one channel amp but is very responsive/dynamic to your guitar volume. I could easily use the Chadwick.
Thats my 2 cents, but oppinions are subjective. You'll need to go play them for yourself to see if they work for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.