Anyone here tried Drums on Demand? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Anyone here tried Drums on Demand?

Ok, so I can play guitar, bass, & keyboards, and I've got a wife that can sing, but I've just about had it with drum programming. I think I've used just about every pattern Cakewalk Session Drummer has to offer, physically abused my Alesis SR-16 to no end (what can I say... lack of general MIDI support frustrates me), and been generally dissatisfied with the other MIDI-based (e.g., Dr. Feelgood patterns) and drum loops (e.g., Cakewalk Drumatic) that I've tried.

I was searching around the Net a bit and found some pretty complimentary reviews of Drums on Demand ( http://www.drumsondemand.com ). Seems like a lot of drum patterns for the money, and it sounds like the quality is there, but I'm a little skeptical from my disappointing experience with Drumatic.

The question... has anybody here tried any of the Drums on Demand volumes? Any comments on the sound quality? Ease of use? Appropriateness for generally hard-rockin' tunes?

--B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 05:27 PM

Re: Anyone here tried Drums on Demand?

I've seen those ones around but never tried them. I've been using BetaMonkey drum loops for awhile now and they've been great. BetaMonkeyMusic.com

Both companies seem about the same with number of loops you get. BetaMonkey is cheaper though and they're having a buy 2 get 1 free sale till the 31st. As far as sound quality, it doesn't help that DoD's samples are in mp3 format, but I'd like to think the quality is there.

I think you'd be happy with either one.

Dan
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 03:51 AM

How about Drumkit From Hell? At least the demos sound good.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 03:42 PM

Hi,
I've been using Dod Vol.1 & Vol.2 for the past two years. That's the best audio investment I've made in years...

Extremely easy to use and overall great, live sound.

Here's a sample I've done using some DoD jazz brushes.
http://www.musicline.ca/soundsclips/...e_is_norah.mp3

Compare that to what you get from a drum module...

Take care,
George

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode