Anyone purchase a neck from Christopher Woods? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Anyone purchase a neck from Christopher Woods?

Just wondering if anyone knows what the quality of his work is. He makes some nice looking products, just havent seen one in person and want to buy one. chef21
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 02:52 PM

Re: Anyone purchase a neck from Christopher Woods?

I bought a used guitar that he made a few months ago (the one on his site that was made for Myles) and I think his work is very good. I had wanted to order something from him myself but he was too busy for the time being. I have quite a few nice guitars but I play his a ton. The finish work is very good and the neck feels great to me (I have kind of small hands).

Hope that helps!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 03:16 PM

What's the shape of the neck like?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 07:16 PM

Compared to a JEM neck it's thinner than an old one and feels a tiny bit wider-pretty technical, huh?

I like it, can't say if the fella that ordered it specified anything or if it's a standard Christopher Woods neck but I can get around better on it than on my older JEMS.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 10:08 PM

YES, CWG, christopher woods guitar, has been the worst experience ive ever been through in my life. They took $600 in advance from me, and I sent them my $1600 custom guitar for a new custom built neck with LED inlays. Promised 6-8 weeks for the work. I finally recieved my guitar more than 7 months later after dozens of unanswered emails. When it arrived the action was high,dead notes ,and a buzz around the 3rd fret. I began adjusting the neck and bridge which I am a master at only to find the truss rod did not work and through many adjustments, including neck shimming and everthing imigainable to try and make this custom built neck playable I gave up after several hours and began to try and contact CWG about my problems. They have ignored my emails now for over 2 months I give them a zero for workmanship,and communication.Please do yourself a favor and stay away from CWG Christopher woods guitar.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 03:40 AM

^Nice of you to warn everyone, but this thread is 4 years old!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 04:05 PM

hi, well guess it makes no difference to me since this just recently just happened to me and I was trying to figure out how to start my own new thread to give warning about this guy and the scam operation he has set up.If anyone can inform me how to start a thread, or maybe start a new one so I can respond with more detail that would be cool.I warned CWG (Chris Woods guitar) over and over im my emails that if they didnt respond to me in some way to fix the bogus neck they made for me, i was going to reveal the way my experience with them went , but as usual , they chose to be unresponsive , and I am a man of my word, so this is where im begenning.Anyone got any tips for me please feel free to respond back through this thread.Thanks and see ya
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Vendor

Go to the subforum

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f29/

New Thread button at the top of the page.
Closed Thread

Tags
christopher woods , jem neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode