Anyone seen this yet? (www.tremol-no.com) - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Anyone seen this yet? (www.tremol-no.com)

http://www.tremol-no.com

I think this an overdue modification to an already brilliant design.
1st chance to get one, I'm all over it.
The Tremol-no is NOW available ! ! !
http://www.allparts.com/nproduct.php?stock_id=2883
Order yours NOW !
Bamm

Last edited by bammbamm; 05-01-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 10:45 AM

post #3 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 11:31 AM
site founder 0% owner

title edited for clarity and reopened. even though this is duplicate thread, if you want to discuss it specifically here too then knock yourselves out... glen
post #4 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 11:53 AM

saw them across at the projectguitar forum a while back. They look like a great idea. I would be a bit weary about buying one though, because if I was to block my trem I could do it for free (virtually) with a bit of wood, and that bit of wood may also improve my tone... and I doubt these would
-better shred than dead-ANDY
post #5 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 12:21 PM

it is a great little thing which I find really useful

I am still trying mine out but it really solves the problem of changing between drop D and standard tuning with the same guitar. Which I was doing in seconds between songs during band rehearsals.

It of course adds stability to standard tuning for greater riff-tastic-ness
post #6 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 12:38 PM
site founder 0% owner

simon, do you notice any change in the the flutter and trem feel when the device is unlocked compared to before it was installed? ...glen
post #7 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 12:50 PM

Glen-Difficult to tell. There might be some less flutter and a different feel to the trem but it is slight.

I think I would have to take it off again and re-check the trem feel without it. I think I have got used to it being on now!

For my style of playing and whammy bar use it has made no difference.
post #8 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 12:54 PM

I think it's a great idea for those who want the flexibility to go from full-floating trem to experimenting with alternate tunings (or even stabilizing the bridge after a broken string) on the fly. Combine it with a D-Tuna on a full-floating trem guitar and you've got a lot of options.

I can easily see companies like Fender (who now owns the Floyd Rose patents), Ibanez, Schaller or Gotoh potentially licensing this thing.

Can't stand the name, though. "Tremo-no" would have rolled off the tongue better than "Tremol-no".
post #9 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 01:00 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealk
Glen-Difficult to tell. There might be some less flutter and a different feel to the trem but it is slight.

I think I would have to take it off again and re-check the trem feel without it. I think I have got used to it being on now!

For my style of playing and whammy bar use it has made no difference.
gotcha. you have this on the BMC? might not notice the diference... sort of what some trem-stabilizer users say, depending on usage but w/o screwing into the body (also w/o the double stop broken string issue fix).

has potential, as stated above it's too early to call, especially w/o pricing & availability... glen
post #10 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 01:04 PM

it is a good idea (and potentially very useful for some) and a lot of people will be interested in trying one out
post #11 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 01:26 PM
Vendor

Kev just told me he did redesign the claw to prevent spring walking. I'll be picking mine up out in LA and give it a good test. Promising idea for those that could use it but as Kev knows I spent the last 8 years on my Les Paul wanting nothing more than a floater, hardtails I have no use for [or alternate tunings]. The idea that you could use this to lock the bridge after breaking a string during a performance is weak, you'd be locking it out of tune, better just to stop and grab the backup of course
post #12 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 03:47 PM

Reviews: 3
Yeah well erm uh... drama aside:

I've been talking to Kev about this since the beginning, but have yet to see anything beyond what's on the official website. In theory it is a very neat idea and something I'd *probably* use. However, without someone like me being able to pick one up in any way/shape/form, it means nothing. I could easily forsee an upstart company picking the idea up and marketing it along with a small number of other products. As logical as it may be, I don't really see it having an Ibanez patent. It just seems they are hesitant to take too many risks on additional options to guitars.

I guess I'm with Glen, nice idea, but talk to me when I can buy one.
post #13 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroenn
Oh wait, Cerealk is moderatly positive

I would say I was more than that.

I am giving it a proper run through over a number of months before I give a full report back to Kevan. I can also post here if you like

There are many more people who have one who are far more qualified (and talented) than me to judge its merits.
post #14 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 08:04 PM

I love this at the bottom of Kev's FAQ

Tremol-No is a registered trademark of Tremol-No, LLC
Bigsby is a registered trademark of Bigsby Accessories
Fender is a registered trademark of Fender Musical Instruments, Inc.
Ibanez is a registered trademark of Hoshino-Gakki Ltd., Japan
Kahler is a registered trademark of American Precision Metalworks
Parker is a registered trademark of Parker Guitars
Steinberger is a registered trademark of Gibson Guitar Corporation.
Wilkinson is a registered trademark of Gotoh
Wonderbar is a registered trademark of Washburn International.
Paul Gilbert is just plain cool.
post #15 of 272 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 08:11 PM

I think this device looks like a really good idea. Its the kinda of thing i've been looking for, for some time.

I await with great anticipation

Tags
allen wrench , allen wrenches , alternate tuning , alternate tunings , bob oakman , bogner shiva , claw screws , custom shop , darren wilson , edge trem , equipped guitar , fender custom shop , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , flame maple , floating trems , floyd rose , floyd trem , guitar mag , guitar players , guitar tech , higher strings , hipshot tremsetter , ibanez backstop , ibanez jem , ibanez trem , intonation tool , jim donahue , john suhr , leo fender , les paul , lgm leviathan , locking bridge , mark knopfler , parker fly , parker guitars , paul gilbert , pro edge , rivera tbr , rob balducci , schaller trem , steve vai , string breakage , string guitars , tony macalpine , trem arm , trem block , trem claw , trem guitar , trem setter , trem springs , tremolo bridge , tremolo cavity , van halen , vintage trem , zero resistance trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode