Anyone tried the DiMarzio AT-1 Andy Timmons yet? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Anyone tried the DiMarzio AT-1 Andy Timmons yet?

And if so what was your impression?

I saw a recent thread that compared it to a Breed but Steve Blucher, the guy that designed it, told me it is not similar to a Breed. I've seen some people who have them compare them to the Duncan JB, but I dont know if thats really accurate either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 08:41 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: Anyone tried the DiMarzio AT-1 Andy Timmons yet?

I have recently put it in one of my ibanez's along with an ibz USA pickup from a maxxas guitar. I'll post a few sound tests taken through my JCM pre amp and a few of my POD X3 settings tommorow, when I get home.

Personally, I find it to be one of the best pickups I've had in my ibanez.
It has a similar sound to the JB, but I'd personally compare it to the Breed.

I'd even go as far as to say it sounds similar to the Dimarzio GH5 on the Greg Howe guitars.
Then again, everyone hears things differently.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 08:46 PM

I went to a guitar clinic Andy put on at Richmond Music and he said he had a Duncan JB in his AT100 (His number one he said) and not a AT Dimarzio pup. Though he did say The AT Dim was modeled after a Duncan JB.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 09:57 PM

It's a VERY versatile pickup with great tone. Good, full clean tones, fat mid-boost, and enough full-on crunch for most any rock/hard-rock. I've got it in three guitars (including my AT100), and it's definitely my new favorite bridge P/U.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 11:13 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAorama View Post
It's a VERY versatile pickup with great tone. Good, full clean tones, fat mid-boost, and enough full-on crunch for most any rock/hard-rock. I've got it in three guitars (including my AT100), and it's definitely my new favorite bridge P/U.
I was wondering about the guitar.
I'm too poor to afford more expensive guitars, so I'll usually buy the RG's in the $350-$400 price range and upgrade the pickups(sometimes the trem).
I have been looking into saving up and buying a used AT-100.
Is the guitar of good quality? Can you get a Vai/Satchy tone with it?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephVincent View Post
I was wondering about the guitar.
I'm too poor to afford more expensive guitars, so I'll usually buy the RG's in the $350-$400 price range and upgrade the pickups(sometimes the trem).
I have been looking into saving up and buying a used AT-100.
Is the guitar of good quality? Can you get a Vai/Satchy tone with it?
The guitar's great quality, but

a) you probably won't find a used one, I've never seen one pop up

and

b) it's gonna cost $1500+ at least.

As for the pickup, I'm about to get one for my Ibanez. I'm gonna have an Andy Timmons sig model (but with a rosewood fretboard) for under $400 .

Tags
andy timmons , dimarzio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode