anyone use cubase and guitar rig here? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 11
anyone use cubase and guitar rig here?

Im having issues setting it up. not getting any recording ?? thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 11:57 PM

Reviews: 4
Re: anyone use cubase and guitar rig here?

I have both. Guitar rig 3 and cubase LE4, I prefer reaper so cubase does not get much time.

How are you trying to run it?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwd0120 View Post
I have both. Guitar rig 3 and cubase LE4, I prefer reaper so cubase does not get much time.

How are you trying to run it?
honestly, I have NO idea what Im doing at all. I thought the GR4 was a VST plugin, but its not reading it. Not sure where to go from here, and online searches are leading me no where.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 03:07 AM

Reviews: 2

I use cubase 5 and guitar rig 4 and it works brilliantly together. I installed the guitar rig package (make sure you redirect the .dll file to cubase's dll directory).

Then once cubase is booted, start a new audio track and add the "Guitar Rig" insert under the insert section of the track.

After this is applied you can go into the guitar rig menu by clicking on the 'e' next the the newly added insert.

Hope this helps you out. Toodles, julz.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzius View Post
I use cubase 5 and guitar rig 4 and it works brilliantly together. I installed the guitar rig package (make sure you redirect the .dll file to cubase's dll directory).

Then once cubase is booted, start a new audio track and add the "Guitar Rig" insert under the insert section of the track.

After this is applied you can go into the guitar rig menu by clicking on the 'e' next the the newly added insert.

Hope this helps you out. Toodles, julz.

hey dude, I got that all worked out just fine. The problem is is its not recording

Do I have to do something in guitar rig to do it, or am I missing something somewhere?
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
hey dude, I got that all worked out just fine. The problem is is its not recording

Do I have to do something in guitar rig to do it, or am I missing something somewhere?
(Insert Treva here)--did you read the manual?

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 01:20 PM

So what your saying is. when you arm a track to record, it doesn't detect any sound? Are you using any kind of interface? have you used any other DAWs before (just so i can evaluate the level to talk to you about this)?

(lol @ AB )
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
(Insert Treva here)--did you read the manual?
Manuals are myth!

Man I did the right thing, now instead of fighting us Penguin is being beaten up by cubase bwahahahahahahahahha
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

I dont have the manual... I'll download it later. just hoping it was a "quick fix" I didnt have to dig for hours on.

no no sound what so ever. My guitar rig 4 is now busted as well. It detects the signal, and says its giving an output but its not, I checked a few different ways.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 03:50 PM

could you mind posting a pic of you screen in cubase and GR?
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 03:54 PM

Ok, something you might want to check is, to go up to the toolbar at the top and go: devices>VST connections. Then add a buss to the input and output tab, and make sure it is connected to your gear (it will make sense once you are there). Also, make sure you monitors/headphones or whatever are plugged into your interface. Most interfaces override the PC soundcard IIRC.

EDIT: One thing I have never like about cubase is for the simplest features, they are "buried hidden features" that you need to go through a million menus to get. If you get too frustrated, do yourself a favor, and at least try reaper. :shrug:
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwd0120 View Post
Ok, something you might want to check is, to go up to the toolbar at the top and go: devices>VST connections. Then add a buss to the input and output tab, and make sure it is connected to your gear (it will make sense once you are there). Also, make sure you monitors/headphones or whatever are plugged into your interface. Most interfaces override the PC soundcard IIRC.

EDIT: One thing I have never like about cubase is for the simplest features, they are "buried hidden features" that you need to go through a million menus to get. If you get too frustrated, do yourself a favor, and at least try reaper. :shrug:

I went there, but the only VST inputs listed are my webcam mic?! I was a dummy with GR4 sound, got that fix.

I dont know how to add my guitar as a vst input I guess, thats where the issue is. Im lookin online and stuff, but Im not finding anything close to answer my question.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 04:24 PM

why don't you call Native Instruments. Very helpful people.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 04:31 PM

Where is your guitar plugging into? into the soundcard or another device, like a interface?
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 04:45 PM

Basically to add your guitar as a vst input go up to the toolbar at the top and go: devices>VST connections. Then add a buss to the input and output tab. The go to the input tab, and select "add buss", then you can select your gear from the new buss it creates.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode