Anyone using the Zoom PFX-9003 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Anyone using the Zoom PFX-9003

I'm looking to get a headphone amp to bring to work. It has be as small as possible, have the usual range of effects (distortion, amp sims, chorus, delay, reverb) and take an AC adaptor. I also would like some preset rhythms and/or a metronome and tuner.

I read up on the PFX-9003 on Harmony Central and the reviews were pretty positive. I also read the reviews on the Korg PX-4D and in general, no one likes it. I used to own a Zoom 9002 when they first came out and I recall liking it for the most part.

I also looked into the Digitech RP50 and RP100A as well. These boxes seem fine but I would like something smaller, like the PFX-9003 if possible.

If anyone here uses any of this boxes, please chime in. No local stores carry them so I'm going to have to mail order it.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 12:47 PM

Re: Anyone using the Zoom PFX-9003

I've got it and I love it. I had owned the Zoom G2 (bought it a second time as well) and really expected the 9003 to sound similar. Personally, I think it sounds better. Great variety of effects, easy to use, great sound, very portable, run time on batteries could be better. If it were lost or stolen, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. I've never been a huge Zoom fan (feel they are the low end of the market) but this thing rocks.

I also owned and RP80 (believe it was an 80, maybe the 50). You're really looking at two different beasts (one a footpedal, the other a cigarette box). The RP was ok, but nothing fantastic.

Get the 9003. Just make sure you also have a semi decent set of headphones ($20 range or so).
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Re: Anyone using the Zoom PFX-9003

Thanks for the reply mfergel.

I agree that the Digitech RP50/100 are different beasts, as far as size. I just tossed them into the mix because they are the only other smaller boxes that will sort of fulfill my needs. Boss doesn't make anything smaller or less expensive than the GT6 so that rules out Boss.

I do love the small size of the PFX-9003 as well the rhythm pattern presets and the input/output options. I really think that's the box for me. I'm going to order an AC Adaptor for it at the same time.

Roger that on the headphones. I've got good headphones at work and at home (Sony MDR7502 and MDR7506) so that won't be an issue for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode