Ibanez JEM Forum banner

are behringer amps good?

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  lyconxero 
#1 ·
I buying a cabinit and head from behringer and i just wanted to know your experience with an amp you had from behringer.

#4 ·
GOD NO!!!!!! i bought a behringer ultratwin 212.... it was on sale brand new for 199 canadain... that was part of the reason i bought it... but its the worst amp iv ever played. sure its 120 watts but the clean channel is so plain and the distortion channel just sucks even on the highest gain. and the effects are all garbage exept for the octaver or whatever

#5 ·
Due to a budget of 500 to 700, I recommended a Peavey Classic 30 with a overdrive or distortion pedal of his choice.. anyone agree with that recommendation for a hard rock/metal band?? hmm... that recommendation was earlier on instant messenger. although, now that i think about it, for 500 to 700, you could probably get a decent used 5150 combo, which is great for metal; tons of gain and power.. Keep that in mind, too. tubes are the way, my friend

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.