Bad Horsie or Bad horsie 2 contour? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Question Bad Horsie or Bad horsie 2 contour?

So i have enough money to buy a wah but im not sure which one of these to buy the bad horsie or the bad horsie 2 contour wah. I play the typical stuff, you know satch, vai, and the gang. So for those who have them or have heard them, which one is better? I guess i should say im trying to get the vai sounds, so which ever one of these can get that sound i would probably buy. THanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 06:34 AM

Re: Bad Horsie or Bad horsie 2 contour?

switchless wahs are great! you can get quite alot of cool effects that you cant really do on a click on click off wah without fear of stamping it off...

I have a horsie 2 for about four years now and have been jumping on it all that time... the spring has got a little looser and its got very squeeky but it still works great... i very rarely use the contour switch but its nice to know its there... its nice to have a wah with options!

+1 for the contour wah
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 07:16 AM

I had the BH1 for a while, loved it, ended up selling to my friend when he went back to Brazil to record an album. I love the switchless springloaded feel of it, and its less harsh and tone choking compared to a crybaby. Which I think is great, it tends to work with your guitar and how hard you pick and such, your not getting the usual waaka waaka sound. I'm sure the contour is just as good but lets you fine tune your sweeps and tone a bit more.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 01:08 PM

I have had the Bad Horise 1 now for about 6 months or so, It is really great.

The wah itself sounds very good, it's "thicker" then a crybaby, vox etc... which is nice, it has some balls.

The "no button" feature is the best part of it, although you need Morley's AC adapter to run the thing properly, if you use , say a boss Adapater, it just goes like DAHGADHADHSFHJSFJHDFJDGJGDJKDGKDKDGMAA when you arnt doing the "wahhhh" sound lol, it just makes tons of deedback and distortion.

It's not "regulated" right like the Morley one is, just a marketing tactic to get you to pay more
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback! I think im going to go for the BH1 because its switchless and just seems more simple. Plus it is cheaper and thats always a plus
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzdoc
I have had the Bad Horise 1 now for about 6 months or so, It is really great.

The wah itself sounds very good, it's "thicker" then a crybaby, vox etc... which is nice, it has some balls.

The "no button" feature is the best part of it, although you need Morley's AC adapter to run the thing properly, if you use , say a boss Adapater, it just goes like DAHGADHADHSFHJSFJHDFJDGJGDJKDGKDKDGMAA when you arnt doing the "wahhhh" sound lol, it just makes tons of deedback and distortion.

It's not "regulated" right like the Morley one is, just a marketing tactic to get you to pay more
Hey man you need to check your power supply... all morely stuff works with any 9v regulated power supply... all boss style power supplies will introduce noise into your set up its just the way they are made.. they are tansformers of the linear regulated variety which are essentially really cheap for the manufacturer to make... the morley ones I think are filtered as well as regulated but you will still haev the same problem...

invest in a digital switch power supply and never look back!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 11:24 AM

I have some pretty awsome AC adapters, and it still does it, it isn't like the one I have is built to work into the Great Britian power regulation...it's made for the North American market...
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 04:57 PM

Works ok with my 9v adapter, ive got that and my TU-2 tuner plugged into it and theres no noise at all. Cant actually remember what brand the adapter was, it isnt a boss one though.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll Mr Blonde ll
Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback! I think im going to go for the BH1 because its switchless and just seems more simple. Plus it is cheaper and thats always a plus

the BH2 is exactly like the BH1 with the added 2 adjustment knobs, its still switchless and optical..IF your not a super audiophile the BH1 will suit you just fine.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 05:12 AM

Cool Re: Bad Horsie or Bad horsie 2 contour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb
the BH2 is exactly like the BH1 with the added 2 adjustment knobs, its still switchless and optical..IF your not a super audiophile the BH1 will suit you just fine.
Agreed with the first part of this but not the second. Just like my good buddy Devo (I still hate you for your 8-finger wickedness 5 years down the road, bro ), I don't really use the contour much but it's nice to know that if I ever get a wild hair I can use it to shape the sound if I need to. I'm big on having more than I'll use just to know it's there if I need it. I have owned both and the stock sound is exactly the same. The BH-II just gives you a second switchable wah that you can customize to your envelope preference in the same package as a bonus. It's like getting two wah's for the price of one.

Another vote for the BH-II

LJ

P.S. Mr Blonde, it's nice to see a fellow San Luis Obispo native on the forum. That's my home town.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 05:26 AM

I have the BH1, and have had the same power supply issues as mentioned above(Noise), other than that I totally love it. I just make sure to keep a supply of 9 volts batteries around. Being in a state prone to hurricanes I always have a supply of batteries anyway.lol
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 10:24 AM

See you get it to!! It makes me sooooooooooooooooooo mad because it's such an awsome wah!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 02:56 AM

Reviews: 34

I have a BH1, i like it alot.

If I had the option I would have the 2 as it does more, but you can't fault BH1 if you just want a Wah pedal.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo
and its got very squeeky but it still works great...
BH1 here. Love it~

Mine got squeeky too. Just a bit of lube (your choice) on the hinges and it'll squeek no more
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 01:48 PM

Over the years I've ended up with 4 wahs, the very 1st run of the BH1 (with the non textured finish & the sheet steel spring, not a coiled spring like the later ones), BH2, XP-100 whammy/wah, & a Dunlop rack wah. Out of the BH1 & 2 I actually preferred the BH1 both for it's simplicity & that to me it actually sounded better than the BH2, but that's just my experience with it for what it's worth.

Catch ya's.........Joe

Tags
rack wah , wah pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode