Behringer - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Question Behringer

Does anybody know anything about the behringer ac108. I'm thinking of getting one but not sure. Are they good quality or junk?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 01:21 AM

Reviews: 11
Re: Behringer

No experience with this model specifically but I will tell you that I will stay away from anything that says Behringer on it.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

Okay then I wont get it.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:46 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.RG7620 View Post
No experience with this model specifically but I will tell you that I will stay away from anything that says Behringer on it.
Wow--I've got to disagree with you in that statement....much to my dismay.
Not all Behringer stuff is bad. Most of their stuff is not up to snuff with comparable manufacturers, but I've got two of their XYNYX mixing boards and really like them. They sound better and have more features than similarly priced boards.

Their guitar effects suck butt, though...lol.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 09:59 AM

Their audio stuff seems to be ok. My dad has a pair of studio monitors and a mixer that seems to be working fine to this day. He got a bit too excited about the brand though and bought a set of guitar pedals...only one of them still works
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 11:40 AM

Reviews: 59

Yeah, they're audio stuff is decent bang for buck stuff. It's not industry standard and build quality is usually not top shelf, but they have decent to good mixers, and I like their direct boxes (they're so cheap and work pretty well). Not bad value stuff there but, I don't really consider anything of theirs when it comes to guitar amps/effects/processors, etc.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

The amp i wanted to get was valve. It has a 12ax7 preamp and the power supply solidstate.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez rg350m View Post
The amp i wanted to get was valve. It has a 12ax7 preamp and the power supply solidstate.
Which means exactly squat.

Just because it has a tube in it doesn't automatically make it a great amp.

Find something else in your budget. In fact--let us know what you're after and your budget. We'll help you find something good. Important things we need to know:
1) What type of music do you play?
2) What is your power requirement?
3) Is this for practice, live playing or both?
4) Combo or head/cab?
5) Budget?

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

I play in church but, so thats the music i play. i wanted just a little practice amp and thought the behringer would sound decent and would work but i dont wanna go over $150. Also i would want the amp just like 5 watts. I dont need anything big. You know anything about the epiphone valve jr. 5watt amp?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez rg350m View Post
I play in church but, so thats the music i play. i wanted just a little practice amp and thought the behringer would sound decent and would work but i dont wanna go over $150. Also i would want the amp just like 5 watts. I dont need anything big. You know anything about the epiphone valve jr. 5watt amp?
I was just going to suggest the Epi Valve Jr...lol.
I've got the head version. Great little amp, but I modded mine with the BitMo Trio mod--so I have more options now instead of just a volume knob.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Banned

You can also read our reviews of this amp in the Comparison Shopping tab at the top of the page--then search through categories until you find what you're looking for.
Here's the review page for the Epi Valve Jr:

http://www.jemsite.com/compare-guita...ifier/reviews/

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Okay thanks. I will look into the epi.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 03:47 PM

I get heat from my bass player all of the time because I have a 50W Behringer that I use for practice. I've had it over a year and never had a problem with it. I'm happy with mine for the couple hundred bucks I spent. I use Marshalls for gigs but the Behringer serves its purpose for practice.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 06:02 AM

Reviews: 34

I've used and owned a bit of Behringer stuff over the years.

It isn't all bad. You have to try it before you buy though.

As A'bat says, the mixers aren't bad for the money. I used the two channel valve compressor as part of my rack rig for years and it was pretty good at transparent compression and added some warmth.

I also had the virtualiser, and whilst most of it wasn't great the reverbs weren't bad.

Bottom Line: Try first and trust your own ears. If $150 is your budget you aren't in Soldano territory and frankly, your audience won't be able to tell the difference.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 12:49 AM

And lets not forget about their Bugera line.
In my opinion, they are nice amps (for the price). I think its cool that beginner-middle players can get a high gain amp for less than 1000 USD. Most expensive amps will beat them, but they are not bad.

And yes, their effect pedals suck.

Tags
behringer , quality , sound

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode