Behringer FCB1010 Analog Switches - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
NSR

Behringer FCB1010 Analog Switches

Can anyone tell me if I can use the Behringer FCB1010 to switch between the 4 channels of a pre-midi Carvin Quad-X? I believe the channel switching on the Quad-X is latching which is so far compatible with the FCB1010.

I currently have a TC-Electronic G-System that does this. However, I'm looking to upgrade from the G-System and require this functionality elsewhere.

If the FCB1010 is not capable of this, can anyone recommend a similar type of floor controller that does provide this functionality?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
NSR

Re: Behringer FCB1010 Analog Switches

Ok it seems that although the FCB1010 has two outputs for amp control and such with each output taking either a mono or stereo connector. However, it seems that it is only able to use one switch if a stereo connector is used rendering the other disabled. Correct me if I'm wrong as this would possibly be an ideal solution with a tight budget.

I've been doing lots of looking around and so far have come up with these options:

1. Nobels MF2
Possibly looking like the best alternative but looks like they've been discontinued for some time. Anybody know better?

2. G-Labs GSC-2 / GSC-3
Will also do the job but is total overkill. I just want decent MIDI control and 4-channel amp switching functionality. The routing for an audio signal through the loop options would be completely redundant. These units don't seem too common either looking like they're a Polish company retailing through a well known German retailer.

3. Voodoo Lab Control Switcher
Half of the solution at a considerable price. Would still require MIDI foot controller to use the Control Switcher and switch presets on rack systems.

Still looking for suggestions / options if anyone has anything to offer.

Tags
behringer fcb1010 switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode