Behringer V-Amp/V-Amp Pro - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Behringer V-Amp/V-Amp Pro

What are these like? I real short on cash so I've been considering them. Otherwise I would go Line 6.
Are the high-gain models any good? I'm not really interested in the FX, just the amp models and the sounds.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 02:07 PM

I suggest you to keep saving $.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 03:43 AM

I have never used a POD or any of its bigger brothers.

Due to the same reason as you have, I opted for a VAMP-2, bought it for 155 EUR. I'm pretty happy with it.

Now, my background is that I'm a drummer by training and most of my concert experience has been as a drummer or bassist (so basically "rhythm section") and only recently bought my guitar and my VAMP-2, simply to "reconnect to those high-school days". I like listening to Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, and all the guitar heroes. But I play like ****e.

What I'm trying to say here is that I probably have no knowledge of what makes the VAMP-2 so detestable to the guys on this board, who are more guitar oriented, have tons of experience, and have tried everything ever created on the planet. But, I like what I hear on my VAMP-2 and for the price I paid, that's good enough.

If at all possible, go to your closest music store and try one out for yourself. Then you can also probably try out a POD and the other amp modellers available.

Good luck with your purchase!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 02:05 PM

believe adrian foden has one-sounded good, but then he was playing a beast of a Jem thru it.. higains are quite nice, not sure about modelling authenticity, but generally nice.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 04:40 PM

I have a V-Amp2, and think its Hi gains are *roughly* equal to the PODs, but then, I'm no hi-gain conneseur; I like classic rock & classic metal fuzzes. Plus, I don't own a POD - this is from a year old memory of comparing in a store. The V-Amp isn't bad clean either, but no match for my DG Stomp here (or in lower gain fuzzes, either, but the V-Amp sure has lots of choices).
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 03:51 PM

Without a doubt, the V-Amp Pro blows away the Pod Pro! I went into detail on a previous thread. Do a search on this forum.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 04:13 PM

Ive got a vamp-2. For the money its great. I basicalyl play through my vamp into my big hifi speakers and it sounds sh*t hot! I was going to buy a nice new tube amp but now i realise that for the time being i get everything i want from the vamp.

Took a while to get used to it, and i had problems with my pc recording whilst using it and i was blaiming the crap sound on the vamp but once i sorted it out it was sounding cool.

For the money you cant fault it. Pick one up second hand and its a steal.

Tags
music store , paul gilbert , pod pro , steve vai , tube amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode