Behringer X V-Amp. What do you think of it? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Behringer X V-Amp. What do you think of it?

I'm going to get a Behringer X V-Amp soon (my first multi-effects processor) and was wondering what you guys think of it for it's price. I've read mixed reviews where some say that it's an excellent choice for the money, and where some have it compared to a BOSS GT-8 (which costs nearly 5 times more). So guys, once again I need your comments on this product, especially those who have experience with this product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 04:01 PM

Re: Behringer X V-Amp. What do you think of it?

For the money, fine. But I'd say get the full V-Amp2. Better and more FX, better footswitch.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 06:33 PM

The X V-Amp would be great for a first effects box. Apparently the tremelo effect on it is amazing! For the cash it's amazing.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

I just got it today and it's great. I haven't worked out how it works yet, 'cause I'm having a headache right now. I'll get it up and running soon enough.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:32 PM

Talking Re: Behringer X V-Amp. What do you think of it?

I heard that behringer amps suck ass so i wouldnt buy one and if it is expensive so i dont really have that good of an experiance with one but try one out at guitar center ask them about their warranty and see if its the one for you.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:53 PM

For the money they are good. I have one hooked up to my pc all the time for practicing and recording. With high end computer speakers it sounds great. For live situations I prefer a pedal board full of stomp boxes.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 09:21 AM

I use a Behringer V-amp live..straight to the PA...no live amps on stage..and it kills...we did set the guitar sounds through a huge PA. You kinda have to mess with them a little in a live setting, but for around the house still pretty cool.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 10:00 AM

Reviews: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguitarist7778
I heard that behringer amps suck ass
I hear that alot from people, and I think that Behringer stuff is bloody good value for money. Ok, Steve Vai will never switch to Behringer for his rack effects, but I have some of their stuff, and I think it does a good job. Not exceptional, but good enough.

I would probably look more at what kind of software you get, and how good the interfaces are (I presume the v-amp is a linkable to a pc).
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 01:57 PM

Behringer is good for the money. Some of the stuff is very good. People like to repeat stuff like "Behringer is crap" without any real knowledge or experience.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 02:00 PM

And the Vamp2 is linkable to PC with midi cables. It's a prety cool interface too. The x-vamp is not pc linkable.

Tags
pedal board , steve vai , stomp box

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode