Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Best pedal ever!

Tags
eq pedal
2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Joshtsavo 
#1 ·
I've tried individual pedals and all-in-one processors trying to get that "sound" I hear in my head... Finally after all these years I bought a pedal I should have bought first... an EQ pedal! With all the controls to shape your sound on pedals, processors, and amps I always thought I didn't need one and spent the $$ on flashier things. Still had trouble getting rid of the muddiness when chugging that low E, brightening up the sound when on the neck pickup, etc... So I went to he local music store and bought a Boss GE-7. Wow! What a game changer... Wish I had bought one years ago! So easy to dial in your sound no matter what you need... With pedals or processor, no problem. Best money I ever spent on anything gear related!!

Just passing it on... If you play electric guitar and don't have one... Get one!

#8 ·
Right... it is nice to be able to switch it on and off. My brightest guitar is an old '89 540S and I find I don't need the pedal to brighten the sound as much as other guitars, especially ones with vintage output pickups. Nice to have it for a boost or treble boost for solos though.

Since I got the pedal I discovered something else. Did you know that most guitars have a tone knob? You know... that knob that you never touch that's down by the volume knob? Just kidding of course, but I never ever touched my tone knob until now. I can brighten the guitar enough that at times I actually roll off the highs a bit, during a verse, etc... I like the versatility the eq pedal adds to my setup.

#9 ·
I've got an EVH 5150III EL34 head and matching cab. It sounds amazing as is, but I can't play it anymore without my MXR 10 band in the loop. Its like taking a blanket off of the cab, opens is up SOO much more.

I've played a TON of high gain amps, have never found one that didn't need an EQ to really get it to open up and thrash.

Best pedal on my board, couldn't live without it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.