Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Please choose in order of preference

Which is the better amp?

8K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  ibanezdiehard 
#1 · (Edited)
Im looking for tone quality, versatility, build quality and features.

All prices are in Australian Dollars when brand new

Im considering these:

Marshall MG15DFX $259
Marshall MG15CDR $199
Roland Cube 15 $195
Roland Micro Cube $179
Vox Pathfinder 15R $195
Vox AD15VT $299
Hughes & Ketner Blue Edition $269
Peavey Rage 158 $169
Peavey Blazer 158 $219
Epiphone Valve Junior Amp Class A 5w $262
Behringer V-Tone GMX110 $249
Behringer V-tone GM110 $251
Behringer GM108 $127
Behringer Vintager AC108 $118
Behringer Firebird GX108 $135
Randall RG25RXM $201
Fender Frontman 15R $179
Randall RG15XM
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
Alesis Spit fire 15
Alesis Spit Fire 30

Also would you mind justifying why you voted the way you did.

Thank you

P.S. If the guitar makes a difference then you may want to check my guitar thread as well. It also has the bands Ild like to play

See less See more
#2 ·
the roland cube gets my vote closely followed by the vox ad15vt . they both produce great tone to be smaller less expensive amps , the vox has a pre-amp tube which can be overdrivin like a full tube amp and you end up getting the same effects which is cool . the roland is solid and loud great amp modelers and effects .

both are soild choices IMO

#7 ·
I haven't checked out all of those, but for a cheap bedroom amp I would recommend checking out the Fender G-DEC or a cheap Line6 if you want versatility and features. Some of those you list will give you a certain tone, but little versatility or features. You won't find much good tone in that price range though.

#9 ·
IMHO if you already have your own seperate effects then you are wasting your money buying an amp that has umpteen effects built in..like the MArshall MG15DFX....your better off just getting the bog standard one (MG15CD) and using the extra £30 or £40 on a decent effect pedal.

#14 ·
i reckon for a 15watt practise amp your better off buying brand new, cause the speaker hasn't been driven to sh#t by someone trying to use the amp in louder applications than it can handle.

( even with larger amps i don't like secondhand. you don't know whats been done to them, AND i have had terrible expirences with 2 second hand JCM900's)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.