Big Muff mods? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Big Muff mods?

Hey guys. I'm thinking about getting my friend's big muff modded for christmas... but where can I send it to do that? He has a Russian made one and I wanna send it out to upgrade the components and make it true-bypass and stuff. I checked Robert Keeley and Analogman and it doesn't seem like they mod Big Muffs. Thanks in advance

-Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 09:05 AM

Re: Big Muff mods?

If I recall, there are some mods you could do to it. Changing the clipping diodes and I think changing one of the resistors will improve the bass response. The problem here is that the last time I modded a russian big muff, the circuit board didn't have any labels on them saying which one was which one. I actually don't think many places mod big muff's but there are always some generic mods you could do to it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 05:08 PM

Re: Big Muff mods?

You might want to try J Everman. I know he modded the USA versions.

Tags
bass response

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode