Blending Marshall and Fender tone. - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Blending Marshall and Fender tone.

Are there any other players who are blending Marshall and Fender tone? I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe at the left channel and an Ampeg VL-502 at the right channel of my Digitech 2112 , with various pedals configured in the mix as well. I think this combination gives a fullness to the over all tone that I have not been able to achieve with other setups. Tell me your experiences with this type of setup or any other blending of amps you may be using.

Last edited by Thomas Welch; 11-22-2007 at 01:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 09:51 AM

Re: Blending Marshall and Fender tone.

Yes! I had been using a Marshall TSL 601 with a red-knob Fender Super 60
for the last band I was with. We played a combination of older blusey stuff
and some newer stuff. These two amps were plugged into via my Digitech
RP6 or occasionally and RP7. I prefered the RP6 since all the "valve" overdrive was pretty much covered by the all-tube amps. It really helped
with stage coverage since I was running stereo for both sides of the venue.
And while I only set up volume balances at the beginning of the night, I am told I was getting very "fat" sounds from that setup.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

I should have mentioned that the Ampeg VL-502 is basically a "Hot Rod" Marshall circuit, Designed by Lee Jackson. I've tried blending other amp tones and so far, nothing works as well as this.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Anyone else?.........
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Same here Rosster. Volume balance never seems to be an issue after the first setup. It's all in the pre-amp after that. For me it works great with everything except full on metal. I use two Ampeg VT-60s for that. Which is basically a tweeked Mesa sound.

Tags
amp tone , fender hot rod , fender hot rod deluxe , lee jackson , marshall tsl , tube amp , tube amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode