Bogner Amps - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Bogner Amps

what do u think?
write little reviews of amp and if u have it plz drop some mp3 of your own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 12:04 PM

Re: Bogner Amps

Imo Bogner amps are the finest amps on the planet. Reinholdt Bogner does not play around with his products. I have played several ecstacy's, shiva's, and even an ubershall. And what I found out was the Ecstacy with the classic mod is THE amp. The XTC classic has all the sweet tone you can handle and it also blooms like an old marshall instead of compresses like the regular 101b. bogners are expensive but they do come with a lifetime warranty, and it will probably be the last amp you ever buy.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 12:05 PM

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 03:52 PM

there the best amps and most expensive amps on the planet lol the uberschall is the most ballsy gainiest (thats not a real word) amp in the world
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 07:41 PM

Bogner makes fine amps. Thing is for the price, I can buy an amp that I think sounds better.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 07:53 PM

such as? Not necessarily calling you out, just you can't; say that and then walk away
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 08:33 PM

You can get nice soldano or rivera amps that can actually compare to them.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Gex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
such as? Not necessarily calling you out, just you can't; say that and then walk away

Of course he can.

He said, "Thing is for the price, I can buy an amp that I think sounds better"

Which means its an opinion.

Personally, I share it. They are fine amps, But they are not the end-all to the entire music world's tone tastes. Good thing, becuase everyone would use one, and we'd all sound the same.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 10:31 PM

I've never seen a Bogner on the flesh here in Australia. I am told that they are really a heavily modded Marshall. If so, then how can it be the one and only amp for all players???

I can't stand the Marshall tone. Not even the modded Marshall tone. It isn't my tone.

Is the Soldano like a Modded Marshall also?? I''ve never seen on of them either.

Sanchez
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Gex

Well, you can hear all sorts of things from people. Dont read into it very much.

Until you come across a Soldano or Bogner and play one extensively, and thoughly explore all the regions of the volume knob, I would keep on having a neutral opinion and an open mind about it. Screw Harmony Central, screw online reviews and polls. The world is full of people who know little of what they're talking about and there are plenty of tone deaf people out there. There are all sorts of tone out there, and everybody's preception of it is different.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 11:43 PM

They are my personal favorite amps! I can't think of any amps I have played that sound better.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
Soldano. Lee Jackson modded Marshall. Any handwired Marshall for that matter. Or a Bad Cat.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez
I've never seen a Bogner on the flesh here in Australia. I am told that they are really a heavily modded Marshall. If so, then how can it be the one and only amp for all players???

I can't stand the Marshall tone. Not even the modded Marshall tone. It isn't my tone.

Is the Soldano like a Modded Marshall also?? I''ve never seen on of them either.

Sanchez
Some Bogners are designed to do a modded Marshall (plexi, not JCM 2000!) but they don't really sound like one. A lot of people say that Soldanos are like a 4 tube modded Marshall which is only partially true. They are more like Bogners than modded Marshalls :P
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red5
Soldano. Lee Jackson modded Marshall. Any handwired Marshall for that matter. Or a Bad Cat.
All these amps you speak of all cost just about as much as a Bogner. Handwired marshalls are pricey and so would a new 2203 with a LeeJackson mod. Soldano's aren't exacly cheap. If you shopped around for a Bogner head you would find a dealer that would give you a fair price.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 09:03 PM

^^^ I said for the same price.

For much less I can buy a handwired Marshall (69-74 era). If I look hard enough I can get a Lee Jackson modded Marshall for the same price.

Soldanos sell about the same price. Bad cats sell for quite a bit more though, but they sound so damn good. While the price is a bit steep, if I was a millionare I wouldn't care what's overpriced and I'd buy them all!

Last edited by red5; 09-10-2005 at 12:15 AM.

Tags
brett garsed , lee jackson , les paul , marshall jubilee , modded marshall , peavey classic , rivera amps , soldano slo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode