buying Dimarzio Pickups - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy buying Dimarzio Pickups

Hey All. Just wondering if anyone can help with a little pickup problem. I want to buy some damarzio pickups, Evolution (bridge), HS-3 (middle) and A Breed or Fred In the neck. Problem is I live in Canada and most of the large American guitar supply stores wont ship Dimarzio products to Canada. I found one that will but I can't get them all in the same color I want (blue). So the question is does any one know where I (living in Canada) can buy pickups in the color I want. Can you buy direct from Dimarzio or do they ship only to retail stores. I am pulling my friggin hair out trying to find them, so any insite would be greatly appreciated. P.S. any thought on my choice for pups. I play mostly shred, rock ,metal, blues,with an alder body bolt on rose neck. Thank in advance. chef 21
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 09:37 PM

Re: buying Dimarzio Pickups

I think Eric at ericsguitars.com ships worldwide.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Vendor

Dimarzio has very specific rules about shipping pickups out of the country. Don't, or risk loosing your Dimarzio authorization. Period.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Rich do you know any where I might get them, Any idea why it's sooo hard to get them sent to Canada, You'd think I wanted them sent to Iraq or something. Thanks for responding though. chef21
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Vendor

Obviously, in Canada.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Wow I have never felt so stupid, wish I had of thought of that. chef21
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Vendor

Evidently, you just don't get it.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 10:39 PM

did you try music-123.com i am pretty sure they would ship to canada.

if all else fails eb.ay has a few dealers that regularly list pickups, they may work something out with you.

also try www.sama-sh.com
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

tried 123, no luck. sam-ash does but not the same colors and thet wont let you do custom orders to Canada only what is in stock on there site. thanks though.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 10:51 PM
rgr

Try contacting DiMarzio directly, they should be able to point you to a dealer in Canada. Blue will probably be a special order from anywhere.

You could also try that auction site.

Apparently you guys don't get it, the point Rich was making is that retailers in the US CANNOT ship DiMarzio products to another country, if DiMarzio catches them doing that, DiMarzio will pull their products from them. Yes, most places will ship most products internationally, unless the manufacturer specifically forbids them from selling their products internationally. DiMarzio does that to protect the retailers in their countries.

Roger
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Vendor

If SA does it's because they have a dealer IN Canada.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 10:55 PM

ahhh another Nova Scotian....

E-bay is the first place to start. Some stores on there sell dimarzio pickups worldwide, and if you see the pickup you want, but wrong color, ask them if they have them in the color you want. Musicstop can order them in for you. I asked for a quote from them for the 3 blaze pickups and got a quote of $445 Canadian before taxes. I refused to pay that and decided to go to a local small music store and got a much lower quote. You might be able to haggle musicstop,, or you can get a quote from them, and then take the quote to a small mom and pops music store, and they should be able to give you a lower price because they'd need the business. Or if your RALLY greedy, go to musicstop, then take their quote to the mom and pops store, then take THEIR quote back to musicstop. Should work out pretty well for ya.

But yeah, if it was allowed, I would be getting my pickups at a much lower rate from an american store. I mean.. come on, Universal jems has the pickups I want for like, maybe 70 US a piece for the humbuckers? not too shabby if I say so.

No one that I talked to was willing to get me dimarzio pickups and send them to me from the states (not that i was haggling them, I just didnt know about the policy at the time) so I wouldn't waste the time if I was you.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

No Rich, I get it just fine. Listen I don't mean to sound like an ass, but not everyone has your experience, when it comes to guitars. I love this site, and I love your site, I think you and Glen provide a huge amount of information and a place to discuss the things we love, ( Ibanez Guitars) I just don't know why questions are answered with such sarcasm, some people are quick to share any ideas that might help and that is greatly appreciated, where as others are so quick to point out they simply know more than you and then give little to no help whats so ever. just my opinion. If you think my questions are stupid, don't answer, there are other people who try to help.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Dimarzio has very specific rules about shipping pickups out of the country. Don't, or risk loosing your Dimarzio authorization. Period.
I ANSWERED your question, which you evidently didn't understand. You see sarcasm because I said "IN Canada?! It was another ANSWER! Any sarcasm you see is your problem.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 11:03 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

please keep in mind rich types with two fingers (an upgrade from one)

email DiMarzio ...glen
Closed Thread

Tags
alder body , blaze pickups , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , ibanez guitars , music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode