Calling all Toneport owners! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
tTz

Calling all Toneport owners!

I posted this on another UK guitar forum, but since so many people here seem to have Toneports, here's an semi-exact repost:

Dunno if any Toneport owners have been keeping up with the downloads on the Line 6 site (I haven't), but there's a new version of the Gearbox software out, and it's free.

The pedal graphics on the screen have changed slightly to resemble Line 6 pedals rather than generic pedals (a change that I don't like much, but since all the tones are still there, I can live with it), plus they've finally added the feature I've been desperate for them to add...a metronome! And not only that, a (fairly basic) drum machine too!

There's also access to a library of tones from Line 6s website, just type in the name of the artist you're looking for, and chances are some of their sounds will be available for use (don't even need to be downloaded, they seem to be there for immediate use - there are quite a few Vai ones there). Plus, there seems to be two new amp models, though how useful they are, I can't tell (not playing at the moment). There's also a new wah model, and a few new distortions (one for bass).

So, any Toneport owners who haven't upgraded yet, do so now! It still keeps any custom tones you've saved already, so you don't lose anything, but gain a lot. Way to go Line 6!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 07:39 PM

Re: Calling all Toneport owners!

Thanks man! I'll look into that today. Been needing some drums...
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 07:44 PM

It also impacts Guitar Port users. I updated mine today.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 07:52 PM

Yes this works with guitarport as well, and im happy to say the effects tracking is MASSIVELY improved with it. So very little to no clipping is now present. Not to mention octave effects as well. They have been working on the inherent fizz issue and its pretty much fixed now it seems.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 07:53 PM

Sounds cool, just remind me how to update again so i an when my macs hooked up again online.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 10:19 PM

I uses toneport, the gearbox version 2.0 is great, it does include the panel of guitar port below, it's kinda cool actually, if you wanna play along you can click on the half speed and you're ready to go
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 03:35 AM

Awesome! I wish I knew about this earlier.. I just recorded a bassline that could have used a pedal that's made for bass =0
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:01 AM

Gearbox 2.0 does also support the POD now.

If you have the "Power Pack" installed, you get all the amps and stuff that were included in the Pod XT 3.0-Update.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
tTz

Are the power packs worth it? I've had a look at 'em, but the only one that catches my eye is the high-gain amp package, and only really for the Mesa Dual Rectifier model. The effects list looks like it's full of synth-type things, and the other amp package doesn't look too appealing to me either (whatever that package is called).
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:28 PM

What you mean are the "Model Packs". The "Power Pack" upgrades the Toneport to a Pod XT.

I have both - all 3 model packs and the power pack - and in my opinion, the powerpack is definitely worth it. About the model packs, well...

The JCM900 from the Metal Shop-pack sounds very nice... I haven't really played with the other ones, but what I've tested sounded quite good.

The Collector Classics sound quite strange to me, but maybe it's only the factory presets that aren't right.

Since the FX Junkie-pack came preinstalled on my Pod XT Live, I wanted it on my Toneport too. I especially like the chorus that's included with this pack.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 09:56 PM

Is it not possible to share this model pack and powerpack upgrade Guardian?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 10:41 PM

It's not possible to share it.. your unique hardware ID is registered to the account you create through Line6. Even trying to use someone elses account who has the packs won't get you anywhere.

And, for the money, the 3-in-1 pack is very worth it. I use the hell out of the 5150 and Uberschall amps. It seems like with this update, they've fixed some of the graininess of the Conner and Powerball models, too!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 10:44 PM

Yeah, just trying my luck actually
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 02:10 AM

Oh, and to sweeten the deal with the extra packs, they actually added custom interface configs for most of the models.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 07:25 AM

@mi2tom:
You're not the first to ask me that *looks at the pm-inbox*.

It probably is possible somehow - as I say that no software is totally secure against cracking - but either noone succeeded or noone tried it yet.

But this is no topic for a public bulletin board like this.

On the other hand, both extensions together cost 200$, many stompboxes cost more than that. With the modelpacks you get 55 additional amp models and 49 additional effect models. Okay, maybe they don't sound exactly the same as the originals, but it's a bargain nontheless.

I'm currently thinking of buying another "Triple Pack" for my Pod XT Live so I have the same models on my Pod that are on my Toneport.

Tags
dual rectifier , guitar port , mesa dual , mesa dual rectifier

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode