Carvin Legacy 100W VL212 - Page 2 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 05:44 PM

Re: Carvin Legacy 100W VL212

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1973 View Post
Only place I can find this in UK is a link from the american Carvin site to a UK supplier, but they charge 950+ where as the US Carvin site pretty much charges that in Dollars (so about 500).

Is there anywhere un UK that does it for a reasonable price, I've done a search on the net and i can only find that one site (guitar lefty site it was called).

Also its looking unlikely if I cant find it on the net, then my local (ish) music shop would highly unlikely stock the legacy, does anyone have much feed back about the amp? (no punn).

(I'm think this amp, with a DS1 ultra boss Keeley and my Jem for my main sound, then using my G9 Zoom for any crazy effects and such).

I'm currently using an old 1993 Peavey Bandit 112 80W as my amp. Set up is for house use only so no need for cab and head suggestions for gigs.

any info would be much appreciated as always
zoom g9 !?!??!?!?! might as well just p*ss on the speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 08:10 PM

There's a Legacy Head in the UK on E bay with a starting price of 350 right now Rich.
I know you were after the combo but if you can get the head for a reasonable price there's plenty of great 2x12" cabs available at good prices.

I always think a separate head and cab is a far better idea than a combo anyway. 2x12" Combo's are way too heavy to generally be 'portable' as such.

Definitely worth thinking about i reckon.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
I always think a separate head and cab is a far better idea than a combo anyway. 2x12" Combo's are way too heavy to generally be 'portable' as such.

Definitely worth thinking about i reckon.
Too heavy!? If you can't manage to lift the combo, there are wheels.

I came across a Carvin Legacy 2x12 combo for an absolute STEAL a few months ago! Just a few days before I was going to pick up a Mesa DC-5. Put some JJ's (power tubes) in and couldn't be happier. And no, I didn't buy it because Vai uses it. For the deal I got and the music I play, couldn't be happier. If you want some clips, PM me.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 10

thanks JTM, 5 days to go, I'll monitor that see what kinda price its upto in the remaining hours. cheers

Tags
amp distortion , amp head , amp heads , guitar shop , marshall amp , marshall jvm , music store , peavey bandit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode